Hulu Exclusive Series

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I work on projects that require a lot of time waiting while they process. Out of sheer boredom, I've been trying out the Hulu Exclusive Series section on Hulu Plus.

Let me make clear most of these are not original series. They're castoffs from Canada and the BBC (like the well-discussed Misfits), but they're also surprisingly good. I guess they were just unappreciated when they aired.

Two I've watched recently are Endgame (from Canada) and Spy (from BBC). Endgame is basically House, if House were a Russian chess grandmaster stuck in a Canadian hotel. The drama is a little far-fetched, but the acting and character play are stellar. Man of many accents, Shawn Doyle, plays the Russian and pulls it off. I'd only seen him on Big Love as the bumbling brother, but he quickly makes you forget that role.

Spy is a BBC sitcom from the mid-2000s. I suspect it's what Chuck was based on, but as you might expect, it's so much better. It's delightfully silly.

I haven't watched Whites yet, but it has the IT manager from The IT Crowd, and that's one of the best sitcoms ever.

Also watched The Booth at the End, which like most of these, was cancelled after 2 seasons. It was interesting, but it's obvious why it didn't have mass appeal. Only one set, and all the action is explained rather than shown.

If you've run out of stuff to watch, these shows are great for passing the time.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I just watched The IT Crowd and agree with your assessment. Moss was awesome. Makes me laugh just thinking about him.

I'll have to check out Whites if it has Katherine Parkinson in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard