How stupid will we look?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We won't look as stupid as we would if we DON'T draft Murray and he plays like Mayfield. We keep Rosen and he plays like Rosen. :)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Hard to argue. I cringe when I hear Kliff talk out of both sides of his mouth, especially when it came to describing Kyler Murray and then telling the media that Josh fits the offense.

Like, what is the point of this charade? No one’s buying the smoke screen. No one’s showing heavy interest in Kyler Murray at this point (probably a red flag). No one’s trying to jump up to #1. All this is doing is pissing off fans and creating uncertainty with the fans. Perhaps the FO has a plan and we’ll be pleasantly surprised in the end, but right now, the powers that be are handling the #1 pick like drunken idiots. Nothing about what they’re doing is normal.

QB isn’t a top-5 need for this team and Kyler Murray isn’t even a top-15 talent in this draft. From that standpoint, it’s illogical to consider him at #1.

I thought after a disastrous season that I could look forward to the excitement of having the #1 pick. It’s become a curse and akin to reliving the pain of 2018.

I don’t think Kliff is smokescreening. He’s just being honest IMO.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There’s not 15 talents better than Kyler in this draft. Hell, there’s not even 5.

Reaction score
It’s simple.

If you can get a 1 or 2 for Rosen and you think Murray is better you draft Murray 1.

If you can’t get anything for Rosen you go with Bosa...is Murray that much better?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
how stupid will we look if we draft Murray , keep Rosen and Rosen wins the starting job? I know the bigger Murray supporters are going to fire back , “ that will never happen.” Before you respond with that don’t underestimate the value of experience Rosen gained last year and Murray having to through the growing process. Also before you start comparing Murray to MaHomes don’t forget MaHomes played in only 1 game in his rookie year even though it had become totally apparent he was much better than Alex Smith. So how dumb will we look?
As dumb as the cowboys looked drafting Aikman first overall and then drafting Steve Walsh in the very next supplemental draft forfeiting their first round pick?

If that happens it’s a win. Means we found our QB and trade Murray for value - whatever that is.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
As dumb as the cowboys looked drafting Aikman first overall and then drafting Steve Walsh in the very next supplemental draft forfeiting their first round pick?

If that happens it’s a win. Means we found our QB and trade Murray for value - whatever that is.
Not just a first round pick, THE #1 pick when Walsh was drafted!

I don’t give a damn who QBs this team as long as he’s great & has us in contention for 10 years or more. I know who I thinks is the best fit & better for this team with this HC at this point, but only time will tell.

bennyperrin23

Veteran
Reaction score
This thread is dumb. We would never keep Rosen and draft Murray. The locker room would be undivided and it would be chaotic. Whoever started this thread is an idiot. Use some common sense. Either the cards draft Murray and trade Rosen or we keep Rosen. Unbelievable.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This thread is dumb. We would never keep Rosen and draft Murray. The locker room would be undivided and it would be chaotic. Whoever started this thread is an idiot. Use some common sense. Either the cards draft Murray and trade Rosen or we keep Rosen. Unbelievable.

Note, before calling someone an idiot in a post, check your grammar.

bennyperrin23

Veteran
Reaction score
I meant critical haha, sorry. I am a passionate cards fan. It’s hard to find one here in Indio or the Palm Springs area. Don’t mean to hurt anyone’s feelings. Just speaking from the heart.

BirdDroppings

Rookie
Reaction score
We would look insanely stupid IMO. But..... It has to be considered possible, even if it isn't that likely.

I will compare it to Russell when he was a rookie going up against Matt Flynn. Flynn was projected to start but Russell just blew him away in the preseason.

RW had way more experience in college than KM did. Wilson played in 50 games (I think all as a starter) and had 1489 pass attempts. Murray played in 29 games with 14 as a starter and had 519 pass attempts. That added experience for Wilson likely made the transition to the pros easier.

Side note, but Wilson's first 3 seasons at NC State, his stats were terrible, with a completion percentage under 60 each season and around 7 YPA and a relatively high 26 INTs over those 3 seasons. His senior year at Wisconsin he had 10.3 YPA and a 72.8 completion % with 33 TDs to 4 INTs. This just further goes to show that college stats really don't mean much as the system and team you are on play a huge factor. That's why I couldn't care less about Murray's college stats vs Rosen's as it's not an apples to apples comparison.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t appreciate being called an idiot. I didn’t dream up the idea. It’s been discussed by other”idiots” on this board and in the national media. I would suggest you expand on your limited vocabulary before describing me or anybody else on this site.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You cannot win at the highest level in the NFL without a legit QB. If it takes the Cardinals drafting a QB in the 1st round of successive drafts to put us into true championship mode, then I'm all in!!! Since the season ended, I've said numerous times that the greatest failure of the Wilks debacle was that even though Rosen started like 14 games, we still don't know what we have. I promise you that if BA coached last year, our path in this draft would be much clearer. Unfortunately, we don't know if Rosen has a high enough ceiling to get us where every franchise aspires to be. This isn't about getting to a 9-7 wild card birth. This is all about being perched at the top of the mountain. If you're picking 1st, and you think you can improve upon the MOST IMPORTANT position in all of sports, then you have to roll the dice. If we keep both Rosen & Murray, and Rosen ultimately wins out & takes us to the highest levels, then WE WIN!! Conversely, if Murray is legit and takes us to places we've never seen, then WE WIN!! It really isn't a bad approach to take.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yes, exactly the point I agree with.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

When you're winning, no locker room is divided. Locker rooms divide when you're getting your butts handed to you every week.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s simple.

If you can get a 1 or 2 for Rosen and you think Murray is better you draft Murray 1.

If you can’t get anything for Rosen you go with Bosa...is Murray that much better?
I was about to "Like" this post - but when you think about it... if the Cardinals think Murray is better (as in your premise), do you really think they should roll with a guy whom other QB-needy teams don't even rate as worthy of a 2nd round pick? You'd have to think that those teams are crazy and Rosen is clearly almost as good as Murray to go that route.

So this only makes sense if you think Rosen is worth more than a 2nd, almost as much as Murray, but other QB-needy teams aren't valuing him properly. And even then... if you think Murray is better, and Rosen is worth at least a 2nd, but teams only offer a 3rd... just take the 3rd, eat the sunk cost, take the QB you think is better, and move on.

...dave

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
When you're winning, no locker room is divided. Locker rooms divide when you're getting your butts handed to you every week.

Meh I'd agree if I didnt see what happened in Seattle.

The defense hated Russell Wilson and it's one of the reasons the Seahawks moved on from Sherman and Bennett even though both are still good players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92