How many people have a juicer and do you recommend one?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying a Jack Lalane(sp) juicer and was wondering if they are worth it? I do like to drink smoothies so I think I might buy one.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have so wanted to post something bad in this thread........:thud:

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
No offense to Jack, but if I were you I'd spend the extra money & get a Vitamix. Can't be beat.

http://www.vitamix.com/household/infocenter/specials.html

This link is to the reconditioned ones. Run about $369 but i'm telling you they're worth it. 7 year warranty. Very different from a regular juicer.

Let us know what you decide...oh, you may be able to get one on Ebay but not sure the warranty would still apply.

Good luck! :thumbup:

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
I use my Magic bullet Juicer...Works like a charm!!!!
We got one for Christmas. Can you put the entire fruit in it? Peel, seeds, etc? :shrug: In other words, does it "juice" or "pulverize"? The Vitamix pulverizes.

As you can tell, I haven't used mine yet. :doi:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
marathon_mom said:
We got one for Christmas. Can you put the entire fruit in it? Peel, seeds, etc? :shrug: In other words, does it "juice" or "pulverize"? The Vitamix pulverizes.

As you can tell, I haven't used mine yet. :doi:
Did Santa, um, put it in your stocking? :devil:

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
Yuma said:
Did Santa, um, put it in your stocking? :devil:
Well uh...no. I actually bought it for Mr. Man cuz he's been wanting one. And it wouldn't fit in my stocking anyway. ;)

BTW, used the magic bullet this morning. Made pancakes, eggs, etc. Those had to be the fluffiest scrambled eggs I've ever had. That thing rocks!

Hey 100%, I must apologize. I bought mine at the store so it didn't come with the juicer or full size blender. So, I'm gonna call to order one on the phone & get the whole she-bang...then give mine as a "re-gift" to my mom or something.

Last edited:

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
marathon_mom said:
Well uh...no. I actually bought it for Mr. Man cuz he's been wanting one. And it wouldn't fit in my stocking anyway. ;)

BTW, used the magic bullet this morning. Made pancakes, eggs, etc. Those had to be the fluffiest scrambled eggs I've ever had. That thing rocks!

Hey 100%, I must apologize. I bought mine at the store so it didn't come with the juicer or full size blender. So, I'm gonna call to order one on the phone & get the whole she-bang...then give mine as a "re-gift" to my mom or something.

Give it to Harley. He is single and has a shitload of tots and jack.

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
Give it to Harley. He is single and has a shitload of tots and jack.
This is TRUE. I didn't think about that. Except he's coming home & I'm sure NSD will be making sure he's well fed.

Isn't that sweet? :thumbup:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
I was thinking of buying a Jack Lalane(sp) juicer and was wondering if they are worth it? I do like to drink smoothies so I think I might buy one.

I just saw this at Costco for $100, so I bought it. I had wanted one for a long time, but I heard they are a pain to clean. I know that Costco lets you return anything so I gave it a try. So far it’s awesome. It makes a lot more juice from the fruits/vegs than I thought it would. Clean-up is very easy. I timed it and it was 4 minutes from start to finish. You can also run it through the dishwasher if you want to.

I don’t like eating fruits/vegs, so this works great for me. But if you’re just looking to make smoothies, a blender would probably be easier.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Zona90 said:

Did you ever buy one? I've been using mine every day for a month now. I don't want to do a commercial for it, but I must say that I feel great. I've always had a problem sleeping, but now I sleep a solid 7 hours every night. I haven't been sick and I don't even drink coffee anymore. It's actually pretty darn fun to go to costo and buy tons of fruit/vegs and watch their faces as I check out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson