How many of you really expect the Cards to win the division?

'08 Cubs

Reaction score
Western Division Champs?

Last year, 9 wins were enough to take the divison title, while 8 wins were enough to earn a wild card berth. I don't see the competition in the divison improving this year-- at best, or worst (from the Cards perspective), the divison rivals' outputs will remain the same. If I were setting the line, I'd set the Cards' over/under for wins at 8-1/2. Therefore, I'm gonna step out and make a prediction I've not seen... I think the Cards will win the NFC West by going 8-7-1.

Gnomad

Roamin' Gnome
Reaction score
Green's 2nd year. Successful drafting thus far. Vastly improved defense. weak division. 9 wins takes the playoffs. I expect to either make the playoffs, or miss it by one game. Wildcard is all i'm asking for here.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE='08 Cubs]Last year, 9 wins were enough to take the divison title, while 8 wins were enough to earn a wild card berth. I don't see the competition in the divison improving this year-- at best, or worst (from the Cards perspective), the divison rivals' outputs will remain the same. If I were setting the line, I'd set the Cards' over/under for wins at 8-1/2. Therefore, I'm gonna step out and make a prediction I've not seen... I think the Cards will win the NFC West by going 8-7-1.[/QUOTE]

Our offensive line is still our weak point and will exascerbate and magnify Kurt Warner's two problems - immobility and holding the ball too long. 8 wins is about right and undoubtedly, if we have a tie, it will be in Mexico against the 49ers.

Bobcat

Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Our offensive line is still our weak point and will exascerbate and magnify Kurt Warner's two problems - immobility and holding the ball too long. 8 wins is about right and undoubtedly, if we have a tie, it will be in Mexico against the 49ers.

You are too darn Negative Skorp...!!!!

Bobcat :shrug:

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
I dunno......I think we were an 8-8 team last year. I won't be happy with anything below 9-7.

Everyone wants to talk about how we were close against the Falcons and 49ers, but that just proves how inept our offense was last year. We were 6-10, and showed major improvements. 8-8 this season will be disappointing as a fan, but I doubt people many people outside our realm of fans are giving us serious playoff thoughts.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
You guys know that in the NFL, there's a slim difference between 7-9 and 9-7. A weird bounce here, and bad call there, and you could either win the division or miss the playoffs.

But now we have enough talent on the roster to compete. Really compete.

what will make the difference between 7-9 and 9-7? Someone just said injuries. Yeah. If Berry or Big goes down were done. Luck will play a part I guess.

Sometime ago, someone said coaching. Green and Co. have to outcoach martz and holmgren (we can probably out-talent Nolan's crew).

Rowen is unproven, yet a crucial part of the staff. I hope he can pull the right strings, but if he sucks, we won't go 10-6.

MemphisRam

Veteran
Reaction score
Cards win the division? Doubtful.

Lots of talk about how this team has improved on paper, but so have the other teams in the division. Maybe not to the extent of what some here may believe the Cards have improved, but one should probaby keep in mind that some of the others (Seahawks, Rams) were already better. In other words, these teams aren't all starting from the same level.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Anything less than the division title will be disappointing. This division sucks, and it's ripe for the picking.

Fearless Prediction: We will be the only team in the NFCW with a winning record.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Anything less than the division title will be disappointing. This division sucks, and it's ripe for the picking.

Fearless Prediction: We will be the only team in the NFCW with a winning record.

I agree with the first part and I'll go along with the Fearless Prediction just for the heck of it.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I'll be disappointed with 8-8 or worse. I expect 10 wins out of this team, no excusses.

I would like to see a home playoff game at Sun Devil Stadium too. A victory in it would be a very cool way to say good-by to our home of the last 18 years.

Go Cards!!!

Arvos

Veteran
Reaction score
Not a Cards fan....

I'm not a Cardinals fan but I expect them to win this year, and have the division come down to the last week of the season between them and the Seahawks.

NFC Championship Game 2005.

Lions vs. Cardinals. (It could happen)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arvos said:
NFC Championship Game 2005.

Lions vs. Cardinals. (It could happen)

The meek shall inherit the Earth?

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Our defense alone, if the division is truly as weak as it looks now, should bring us 9 - 7.

If the offense steps up -- not Warner on old Super Bowl form, but plays consistently well with reasonable stats and an intelligent offensive coordinator -- we host a playoff game.

If J.J. can do what he did in college, and our receivers really get that rapport with Warner -- never mind. I won't go there until at least October.

Gnomad

Roamin' Gnome
Reaction score
Brighteyes said:
If J.J. can do what he did in college, and our receivers really get that rapport with Warner -- never mind. I won't go there until at least October.

I'm just excited to have a proven General on the field for a change. Although, I think JJ has a lot to prove, at least to me. His oline at Cal was amazing... the guy barely got touched before 5 yds.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Gnomad said:
I'm just excited to have a proven General on the field for a change. Although, I think JJ has a lot to prove, at least to me. His oline at Cal was amazing... the guy barely got touched before 5 yds.

Let's all hope he catches on in the Pro level quickly. He'll get alittle banged up at first cuz most rookies say the NFL is so much faster but I think he'll improve thru the season...and hopefully the o- line does too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn