How many of you have...

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
watched a certain player play?

I'm asking this because I'm a big Pac-10 guy. I can honestly say I've closely followed Suggs, Palmer, Trufant, Boller, etc.

How many have seen Suggs play? And, how often?

I am asking this because I think too much is being read into his workouts. Yes, the numbers DO mean somehing... but...

I saw an animal on the field. Not Shante Carver animal. But, a bona fide Jevon Kearse animal. The domination was relentless. With double and triple teams. And, he was younger than most he went against.

I'm not going to comment on others, because frankly, I haven't "closely" followed them. I just know what I saw in T-Rex.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Living three doors down from Terrell freshman year, and watching pretty much every ASU game, Terrell has that "playmaker" quality about him. Every game he plays in, one way or another, he does something that seperates him from the rest of the players, and makes you say wow. From freshman year on, he has had that worldbeating additude, and personally, I think he will be a great success. Remember, this guy was a running back in high school, and seeing him chase down plays with ASU, he is incredibly game fast, and has that shark-like knack for "smelling blood". Call me biased, but I like the guy.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
I've seen Boller, Suggs and Palmer play some, but don't recall paying attention to Trufant. Your point is well taken though. Unfortunately, you can make cases for both ways. Keith McCants moved up the draft charts as a projected LB/DE because of his great workout numbers and did nothing in the NFL. He had the instincts of a goal post. Peter Warrick was supposed to be the next great receiver bacause of the way he played in college, but then had a slow 40 time coming out of college and has been an average receiver at best. It's an inexact science.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ASUCHRIS
Living three doors down from Terrell freshman year, and watching pretty much every ASU game, Terrell has that "playmaker" quality about him. Every game he plays in, one way or another, he does something that seperates him from the rest of the players, and makes you say wow. From freshman year on, he has had that worldbeating additude, and personally, I think he will be a great success. Remember, this guy was a running back in high school, and seeing him chase down plays with ASU, he is incredibly game fast, and has that shark-like knack for "smelling blood". Call me biased, but I like the guy.

If you lived 3 doors down from him, you must have known my wife cousin - Andrew Walter. They were roommates freshman year.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, ran into Walter a little bit that year, but liked Terrell and especially Jimmy Verdon (DE) the most. The coolest one was Jimmy, who would get rip roaring drunk with us, and throw the bottles as far as he could. This guy was a qb in high school, so he could chuck them. Good times, especially when I would beat them in Ping Pong, and they challenged me to football........Walter is the next big thing, and if he plays like he did last year, he will definitely be a top 10 pick. GO DEVILS!!!!!:thumbup:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Houdini
I've seen Boller, Suggs and Palmer play some, but don't recall paying attention to Trufant. Your point is well taken though. Unfortunately, you can make cases for both ways. Keith McCants moved up the draft charts as a projected LB/DE because of his great workout numbers and did nothing in the NFL. He had the instincts of a goal post. Peter Warrick was supposed to be the next great receiver bacause of the way he played in college, but then had a slow 40 time coming out of college and has been an average receiver at best. It's an inexact science.

Let's face it....Warrick has been a huge bust, and as someone who watches a lot of FSU (for some reason I really like FSU) I really thought he would only be a good, but not great receiver. He is basically a small, quick receiver that could beat inferior players in college, but can't outquick the pros.

Every time I watch Suggs' footage, I want him on the Cards more. The guy is going to be an absolute animal, imo. He has that on the field drive like few players out there, and has the pass rush moves to succeed immediately in the NFL.

His pass rush moves are already better than 80% of the NFL's defensive ends, and that is a big thing that is overlooked in workout enthusiasts. He is basically just as strong and fast as Peppers was last year, and skill wise, is a much better player. He isn't as big as Peppers, that's for sure, but many ends get by at the same size as Suggs.

I want the Cards to come out of the first, with either Suggs or Leftwich, I really wouldn't care either way (except for the fact that we can't have both :( ). Lefwich is going to be a very good Qb and he might just make us regret passing on him...

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain

....Every time I watch Suggs' footage, I want him on the Cards more...

...He has that on the field drive like few players out there.....

Sounds like a lot of the Heismen Trophy Winners, yet they don't all turn into great pros. Heisman Tropy winners are among the best players in college if you watch their play on the field, but a lot of them are busts in the NFL because they don't have the physical ability to play in the NFL. That's why numbers do mean something at times. They may not always be the most important factor, but they are a factor in a person's play.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard