How long does Whis get?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have been pondering this for a few weeks and know there are some die hard Whis fans on here. I was but his shine has worn off I am done with the guy if some changes don't take place ASAP. He could start with the OC and OL coaches either make a change or go away with them! I believe this could be a make or break season for Whis. His lack of adjustments, poor game managing, terrible clock management, terrible play calling, I still believe is a result of him still trying to be involved in calling plays, it's the same terrible offense that he called if this really is millers offense then he needs to go today! Anyway what do you guys think how long before management/fans are through with the guy? I firmly believe Haley & Warner had much more to do with our success than whiz and his bs system he keeps preaching works!

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have been pondering this for a few weeks and know there are some die hard Whis fans on here. I was but his shine has worn off I am done with the guy if some changes don't take place ASAP. He could start with the OC and OL coaches either make a change or go away with them! I believe this could be a make or break season for Whis. His lack of adjustments, poor game managing, terrible clock management, terrible play calling, I still believe is a result of him still trying to be involved in calling plays, it's the same terrible offense that he called if this really is millers offense then he needs to go today! Anyway what do you guys think how long before management/fans are through wight the guy? I firmly believe Haley & Warner had much more to do with our success than whiz and his bs system he keeps preaching works!

Stupid post, ignorant post, take your pick.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think we've reached a point where management is trying to decide how much time to give Whiz. I still believe in the guy. I'm a firm believer that you don't change your head coach until you know for sure it's necessary. The best franchises typically have fairly stable coaching situations, they don't fire their head coach every time the team struggles for a couple of years.

Steve

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ps miller and grimm should go. Problem is we run ckw offence not an oc's offense

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Ha, the system is fine. Look no further than Warner and the amount of big plays we leave on the field every week thanks to horrid QB and line play. We need to identify better offensive players specifically the QB position, that's what needs to get fixed.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nashman, your posts are like reading Paul Hunter poems. It's hard for me to understand exactly what you are saying sometimes with no punctuation or paragraphs. My reading comprehension is not the best, dumb it down for me, bro

SWEET BEING

The deer will eat
an apple tree clean to the ground
in its leafy infancy
and should it reach again
for a while strip its skin
grind to nothing its twigs
as a delicacy

but amid confused abundance
should one grow
out of reach overlooked
its truck gets unpalatable
rough
the sweet being
once all one
no longer evident
under scarred heavy bark
the sweet being
sensed now as longing overhead
as flower and fruit

Paul Hunter

OP
OP
nashman

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ignorance pacardfan is to just continue to accept poor coaching! Nice of to you post an attack instead of actually giving a legitimate reason whe he should just continue to ride on Warner's success. Here's a hint for the great Whiz if your system can only be ran by a hall of fame Super Bowl MVP QB and no one else maybe you should adjust your flawed system!

I guess I am shocked by the seemingly endless excuses for poor coaching, which includes picking your assistants, players, terrible game management, the list goes on of what the guy has failed at. But apparently if you happen to be the coach when a hall of famed goes nuts and takes you to the Super Bowl you get lifetime pass with some of you. Well not me he has been outcoached many times and our games and we were lucky to win a lot of the games we have won, I'll tell you it wasn't great coaching that won them. Well maybe some of it was great coaching by a guy named Horton.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I have been pondering this for a few weeks and know there are some die hard Whis fans on here. I was but his shine has worn off I am done with the guy if some changes don't take place ASAP. He could start with the OC and OL coaches either make a change or go away with them! I believe this could be a make or break season for Whis. His lack of adjustments, poor game managing, terrible clock management, terrible play calling, I still believe is a result of him still trying to be involved in calling plays, it's the same terrible offense that he called if this really is millers offense then he needs to go today! Anyway what do you guys think how long before management/fans are through wight the guy? I firmly believe Haley & Warner had much more to do with our success than whiz and his bs system he keeps preaching works!
The reason I think you're wrong is because of 2009. Everything went pretty well then, when Haley was gone to KC. I'm still not believing Wiz became stupid with the retirement of Warner.

Good coaching & talent go hand in hand in winning in the NFL IMO!

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards are 4-2 right now. If we implode this year and are bad next year then you can start talking about it. Silly to do so now.

Buckybird

Reaction score
I don't think we've reached a point where management is trying to decide how much time to give Whiz. I still believe in the guy. I'm a firm believer that you don't change your head coach until you know for sure it's necessary. The best franchises typically have fairly stable coaching situations, they don't fire their head coach every time the team struggles for a couple of years.

Steve

Well said

Look no further than in 1977 when Bidwill fired Coryell & his staff of coaching greats by simply changing the locks to the offices...we didn't taste the playoffs in a non strike season again until 1998.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nashman

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So he has no say in picking players Bucky ? Just curious the offensive line has sucked forever yet he does nothing! The playcalling has sucked since Haley left is that not on him as we'll? We are consistently making little to no in game adjustments guess he is too busy to do that right? Clock management is as terrible as ever is that not the HC? I understand you need talent and we have some, it doesn't excuse terrible game management, poor playcalling, refusal to adjust his offense.

Other teams adjust , I mean Tom Brady was getting killed so his coach adjusted and keeps in extra blocking knowing extra time And keeping your QB upright helps out!

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm SHOCKED it took more than 24 hours for someone to start this thread. Lost a bet with myself.

I was going to change my avatar to a photo of the Endeavour moving through the streets of Los Angeles but now, lol, I gotta keep it just as it is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nashman

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't say he should be fired you guys need to relax! I was asking how long the guy gets. Don't attack someone for not feeling the same way you do I have questioned the guy for some time and justifiably so IMO. It's not like he goes out and outcoaches the opposing team regularly. I mean even the games we win are nailbiters as he goes into a protect the lead shell and we barely win if not lose games because of it.

Buckybird

Reaction score
So he has no say in picking Bucky?

This is what m talking about.

Everything wrong cant be placed on the HCs shoulders. Everyone has a piece in what's going on today, yesterday & going forward IMO. From Graves, Wiz, other coaches & the players. Many times the players aren't simply executing.

Be careful what you ask for in firing this coach cause you might get Dave McGinnis or Rex Ryan...just sayin :D

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I didn't say he should be fired you guys need to relax! I was asking how long the guy gets. Don't attack someone for not feeling the same way you do.
BUt then your second sentence says you are done and changes need to be made ASAP.

You do realize this offense is playing without it's starting tackles, RB's, TE, and season opening QB, don't you? I may be crazy, but I think that probably affects the offensive production.

Buckybird

Reaction score
BUt then your second sentence says you are done and changes need to be made ASAP.

You do realize this offense is playing without it's starting tackles, RB's, TE, and season opening QB, don't you? I may be crazy, but I think that probably affects the offensive production.

Thank you words of reason :D

OP
OP
nashman

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Changes do need to be made like the OC and OL coach simply backing your guys when they aren't getting it done will be your ass. I am done with the way it is he needs to make changes if he is to stubborn to do so then I am done with him as well. You cannot simply keep doing the same thing and expect different results he needs to adjust to the damn players he has and quit trying to force his system which simply can't be run with the players we have! Your a damn coach you have to do what's best for the team you have not what you wish you had!

OP
OP
nashman

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In whiz I do not trust! Make some change do something to show your not delusional about what's going on!

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since there's no sense in starting a new thread, I'll just post it here.
The coaching gaffes made by both Gailey and Whiz.

Ken Whisenhunt's decision to let Jay Feely kick a 61-yard field goal was even more bizarre. His Cardinals were down three points with 1:14 left and a fourth-and-10 on the Buffalo 43-yard line. They were in similarly rough shape to the Rams, but unlike St. Louis, Whisenhunt's team had all three timeouts and a kicker with a shorter range. While I normally encourage teams to be aggressive, Whisenhunt could have very easily justified punting, attempting to stop the Bills with his defense and timeouts, and then fielding a punt with Patrick Peterson before trying to set up a shorter field goal. The Cardinals instead lined up for a 61-yard field goal and the Bills, for some bizarre reason, called timeout. The Cardinals lined up for one of the dumber decisions of the year and the Bills wanted to give them time to think about it. Sure enough, the Cards came back out and kicked anyway, and Feely booted his 61-yarder through the uprights for a game-tying field goal.

More here... http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8506988/the-top-teams-game-rest-week-6-news

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maotosi if you think a good QB solves this teams struggles I don't even know what to say!

Yeah, a QB who could hit an open man down field would be completely useless. All those whiffed potential TDs passes we see on a regular basis are of no consequence. What we really need is Todd Haley back so we have someone to scream at people, alienate his players and start drama on the sideline.

I wonder how many towns Haley is going to have to get himself run out of before some posters realize that the dude blows. He might not even last the season in Pittsburgh.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson