How 'bout Woodson????

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Raiders | Woodson on the Trading Block? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
16:39 PT: ESPN.com’s Len Pasquarelli reports the Oakland Raiders may try to trade CB Charles Woodson again before the NFL Draft.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It would take our first rounder, and I don't know that we need Woodson enough to trade that away.

--Solar

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Solar7
It would take our first rounder, and I don't know that we need Woodson enough to trade that away.

--Solar

I might actually offer two 2nd rounders (one this year, one next) and a conditional 2005 pick (depending on how he plays and how much he plays over the next two years).

Woodson is a top cover corner, but he has legimate injury concerns and I don't think he has ever been as good as Aeneas. He would be an impact player if we traded for him.

To me, this years first rounder means a lot to us and I think that we need someone to come in and be a building block. Woodson would almost fit that bill...

What would be interesting...offer the Jets our #1 for both of their number ones. Trade one to the Raiders (the later one) for Woodson, then draft Kevin Williams (I really would like him at that spot, but he might not make it out of the top ten.)

pinnacle

Reaction score
So...the raiders have the last 2 picks in the 1st round...and rumor is they want to trade woodson for another? I doubt woodson would command a round one pick..but then again peerless price was worth a round one pick...

the raiders were in today to see suggs workout..why? he will not fall to the very end of round one...why bother sending a guy out to see him run a 40 time (again)?

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Imacafan----I didn't notice you had this thread posted and I posted the same thing. After noticing my bobo, I cancelled my thread. Sorry for the doubling up.

seesred

Reaction score
Woodson not me. Older, injury, not worth a high pick and your not going to get him for a 5 or 6, thats what I would offer.

GBR

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I think he could be had for our #2 or, Woodson and one of their #1s for our #6 is more like what the raiders might want. I would rather give then our #2 and our other #6 for him but one thing is for sure we do need another CB.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Woodson for something other than our #1 would be worth considering, but only if we signed a relatively healthy Marcus Robinson.

My thinking goes like this - Anything we can do to simplify our drafting strategy goes to our advantage. If we can solve our short-range problems at WR and CB, it means we can remove them from our priority list, zero in on DE and DT early and go for po-tential regarding WR and CB (if the right raw material is around later in the draft).

I ran out a mock where we'd swap 1st round picks with Oakland in exchange for Woodson, and the problem I have is that we'd have to "hope" a can't-miss rush-end would still be available at #31 or #32. That's no lock - some mocks show a run on DE's in the bottom third of the first round.

Another possibility would be to throw in our #6 and #37 for Woodson and Oakland's #31 and #32 and then use those 2 picks to trade back up to the middle of round one in order to guarantee we'd get McDougle, White or Brayton, but that depends on how comfortable the Cards feel about any of these 3 and also there's no guarantee that any team will want to trade down, so we'd lose control of the process.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
Woodson for something other than our #1 would be worth considering, but only if we signed a relatively healthy Marcus Robinson.

My thinking goes like this - Anything we can do to simplify our drafting strategy goes to our advantage. If we can solve our short-range problems at WR and CB, it means we can remove them from our priority list, zero in on DE and DT early and go for po-tential regarding WR and CB (if the right raw material is around later in the draft).

I ran out a mock where we'd swap 1st round picks with Oakland in exchange for Woodson, and the problem I have is that we'd have to "hope" a can't-miss rush-end would still be available at #31 or #32. That's no lock - some mocks show a run on DE's in the bottom third of the first round.

Another possibility would be to throw in our #6 and #37 for Woodson and Oakland's #31 and #32 and then use those 2 picks to trade back up to the middle of round one in order to guarantee we'd get McDougle, White or Brayton, but that depends on how comfortable the Cards feel about any of these 3 and also there's no guarantee that any team will want to trade down, so we'd lose control of the process.

haha getting alittle carried away now... There is no way the cardinals get THAT creative... :thumbup:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way for a #1 . We have enough money tied up in the secondary. DL and WR are both desperate situations.

Hopefully they don't even look in this direction.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard