Hope you guys like Shrimp

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Alright, I've got about 15 lbs of shrimp that I just brought back from Mexico.

Even though it isn't my turn, I'll share what I make with you peeps.

(I eyeball everything, and judge to taste....but last night I tried to write down what I was doing so others could follow.......you may need to adjust to your own taste)

Mexican Shrimp Skewers

1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup 1800 tequila
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
Salt and pepper (to taste, don't know what else to say)
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 medium shallots chopped up good
Cumin to taste (2 tsp)

I fired my grill up to Medium-High heat...cuz I like a little char. Thread the shrimp on the skewers......and go for like 4 minutes each side. How I measure time is in beer time.....1 beer takes like 4 minutes.

I served over Spanish Rice and Refried Beans. You could do whatever you want.

Drink Recommendation: Margaritas of course

OP
OP
N

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oops.....Forgot the most important part.

Put the marinade and shrimp together.....Vacuum pack it, and let it marinade for 4 hours. Wouldn't hurt if it marinated all day, I guess.

Or you can just skip the making of the marinade altogether.....and buy the Tequila Lime Lawry's marinade.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ryan, did you see this thread title and think this had to do with a NEZ bodypart? ;)

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
phillycard said:
Damn NEZ, that sounds good as a mutha! I'll have to try this!
:stupid: I'm back on my diet right now so can't have booze. I have fake margs that I can have, but that doens't do me any good for the Tequila in the marinade. This may have to wait til July when I'm off the diet for awhile. San Diego, here I come....

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
marathon_mom said:
:stupid: I'm back on my diet right now so can't have booze. I have fake margs that I can have, but that doens't do me any good for the Tequila in the marinade. This may have to wait til July when I'm off the diet for awhile. San Diego, here I come....
When in SD, MM, go to Old Town. They have a Mexican restaraunt where you eat out in a square. The Margaritas there almost require two hands to lift! I had one on my 40th birthday and was pretty much happy the rest of the day! :)