Honey Badger and Ta'amu officially off of PUP list

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Finally some good news. You can bet this was accelerated to today to try and bring some good news to the masses.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally some good news. You can bet this was accelerated to today to try and bring some good news to the masses.

I hope the above isn't true. this was accelerated for any other reason then they're both healthy, then it's a bad move (i don't think that's the case tho).

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mathieu and Ta'amu Officially Taken Off PUP List

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...PUP-List/8fe0631f-af88-49e3-ac1f-6d3b15815578

Mathieu is expected to slowly be worked into practice, although he said last week he wasn’t worried about playing his way into shape.

Ta’amu is needed given the Dockett injury. Like Mathieu, he is expected to be brought back slowly but he also has been confident he would be available for the season opener. Linebacker John Abraham
You must be registered for see images
practiced for the first time Monday after missing the first three weeks of camp with a personal issue. The Cardinals also are hoping to get linebacker Kevin Minter
(pectoral) back on the field at some point as well

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I still don't think HB is fully ready 2 play yet regardless. He didn't just suffer an ACL, he also had a MCL injury. Generally speaking, those 2 injuries 2gether take a full year to recover! I'm very worried that he's not gonna even resemble the player he was athletically. I hope the team pumps the brakes on this kid.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't think HB is fully ready 2 play yet regardless. He didn't just suffer an ACL, he also had a MCL injury. Generally speaking, those 2 injuries 2gether take a full year to recover! I'm very worried that he's not gonna even resemble the player he was athletically. I hope the team pumps the brakes on this kid.
You been watching him train?

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't think HB is fully ready 2 play yet regardless. He didn't just suffer an ACL, he also had a MCL injury.

Actually, it was an ACL and LCL, not MCL. Not sure whether that makes it any better or worse, though....

...dave

Buckybird

Reaction score
Seriously, you can train all you freaking want. Yes, it will help, but he torn two ligaments... there is no need to even explain, and one does not need to be a doctor to know that is major

Some peeps just don't get it or never have had it happen to them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously, you can train all you freaking want. Yes, it will help, but he torn two ligaments... there is no need to even explain, and one does not need to be a doctor to know that is major

i'm just leery because we've seen Cardinals doctors/FO declare guys healthy before when it was completely apparent they weren't close. Keim was around for Beanie and Williams, both of whom were pressured into coming back from awful knee surgeries - hell, Beanie had a microfracture and the team hid it and pressured him back on the field within 5 months. I just hope this isn't the case here.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

This...

ManinAZ

Reaction score
I feel like even IF he is cleared to play and even IF he is truly recovered...it will take a month or so of playing on it and working out the dust and getting over the soreness until he can be anything close to what he was last year. I truly hope I am wrong and that Tyrann is such a freak that he comes back guns a'blazin. But I personally have the opinion we won't see the full HB till some time mid-season if we are lucky.

The absolute LAST thing I am sure all of us want is for him to come back before he is ready and injure himself again. He has worked too hard to be rushed back and risk so much over some extra weeks. One of which is a bye.

So until all this is resolved...let's rally behind Powers and hope he can hold it down so there is no need to rush HB back.

Buckybird

Reaction score
You been watching him train?

I just got thru watching NFL insiders from today off the dvr & Bill Polian basically said the same things I did about his return. Feel free to watch it yourself. ;)

I've had the injury though mine was an MCL/ACL so was just trying to give the first hand perspective. The LCL is what stabilizes the knee & basically keeps the joint from moving side to side.

OP
OP
CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I feel pretty confident in this front office and coaching staff that they won't put too much pressure on a player to get back any sooner than they need. If I'm not mistaken both the Beanie and Williams situations were with the old regime. If the doctors and TM both say he is good to play than I am completely ok with the return whenever it happens. As far as for the people on this board that have had similar injuries, recovery times are always different person to person. TM has a team of doctors and physical therapists that have likely closely monitered his situation since his recovery started and his recovery regiment has likely been much more intense than the more typical non-pro athletes that this has happened to.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

But if he appears to be fluid and ready to go based on watching him train every day, than he appears to be fluid and ready to go.

Im not questioning the injury, I am just leaving my faith in the hands who watch him every day and know if hes ready vs purely speculating and guessing if he will be ready based on no evidence except other peoples injuries. .

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got thru watching NFL insiders from today off the dvr & Bill Polian basically said the same things I did about his return. Feel free to watch it yourself. ;)

I've had the injury though mine was an MCL/ACL so was just trying to give the first hand perspective. The LCL is what stabilizes the knee & basically keeps the joint from moving side to side.

Bill Polian has been watching him train?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyrann Mathieu Back At Practice

Mathieu is back sooner than the Cardinals had counted on him being back. He will wear a brace on his left knee (much to his chagrin) although he said he has already grown comfortable with the new piece of equipment.

Mathieu also talked to linebacker
Desmond Bishop, who also suffered an ACL injury last season and told Mathieu once he got past the initial rust “it was all downhill from there.”
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...Practice/ea85fce7-4c01-4a4a-b186-13a95c2b524e

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
But if he appears to be fluid and ready to go based on watching him train every day, than he appears to be fluid and ready to go.

Im not questioning the injury, I am just leaving my faith in the hands who watch him every day and know if hes ready vs purely speculating and guessing if he will be ready based on no evidence except other peoples injuries. .

I know what you mean but getting hit while doing it, tackling and doing all this under the intensity of a regular season are a few notches up from training IMO :)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Lastly, how does Arians know when a guy is ready and able to monitor a situation in practice where the potential problem lays hidden in the knee? This is not conditioning and all that where you can spot a guy is grasping for air and you need to lessen his workload. If you could read a ACL, then someone would have pulled Dockett off the field with X-Ray vision before he tore his. Arians monitoring it is basically just being cautious while he has no clear understanding and hoping he does not here a pop and Honey Badger buckling onto the field lol

OP
OP
CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Lastly, how does Arians know when a guy is ready and able to monitor a situation in practice where the potential problem lays hidden in the knee? This is not conditioning and all that where you can spot a guy is grasping for air and you need to lessen his workload. If you could read a ACL, then someone would have pulled Dockett off the field with X-Ray vision before he tore his. Arians monitoring it is basically just being cautious while he has no clear understanding and hoping he does not here a pop and Honey Badger buckling onto the field lol
Isn't that what the doctors are for? If the doctors are saying that the previously injured part is structurally sound than it would come down to how well the player is actually moving on it, wouldn't it?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard