Hey Kliff, might want to grow a pair if you want to try and Win a game

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
The decisions to settle for a FG has been the right decision so far as frustrating as it has been.

Grow a pair needs to be applied to running the ball. Show a commitment to your offensive line, your team and to opposing defenses that when and if we have to we are going to punch you in the nose.

When we do that other things will open up. An incomplete pass into the end zone is no worse than a 2 yard run. A 2 yd run will at the very least make a defense respect that fact.
So true. It's like he was intimidated to really test them. You have to go at least 50/50 on 2nd downs and throw in a draw or three on third downs. What are we paying Johnson for and Chase Edmunds isn't terrible either.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They had three plays and moved backward. Needed the points more than the novel offense trickery on 4th down.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Should have went for it on that 4th and 1 in the first Qrt.

Truth is he should have challenged the 2nd down play. Byrd looked like he got the first down.

Yep, We got screwed on that call. Byrd definitely reached ahead to get that 1st down. Should have been 1st & goal from the 3!!

The6

All Star
Reaction score
As I said, next week is a must win. Pressure will rise even higher if they don't. Very winnable game, and at home.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We also scored a TD on a larry fitz jet sweep fake and handoff to DJ where DJ walked right in. looks like they set it up with the previous plays.

Yeah but what he did wasn't a jet sweep. Fitz went past Murray, Murray started to run and then flipped it to Fitz 2 yards behind the line.

It was a goofy play

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kliff will learn, or rather he might already know but he's thinking of his rookie QB and current talent's awareness. Honestly, I would actually put Kingsbury's offensive mind up against the McVays of the league. I do have a news flash if you think I am off... the Rams had a few years of coaching stupidity to set McVay up with more talent to make his valid coaching knowledge come to fruition sooner with a damn good DC in Phillips, while the Browns had just as much or even more blue chip talent acquired by a lack of direction but have a lesser coach in Kitchens and a putrid DC in Wilks, even though Baker is far superior to Goff no matter if you like his demeanor or not

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And even if it was his intent to use that play as a set up for a future play, I don't believe it is smart coaching to call bad plays early with the idea they will lead to other plays that might work later.

You are wasting a down and yardage early for the hope of a later reward.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
And even if it was his intent to use that play as a set up for a future play, I don't believe it is smart coaching to call bad plays early with the idea they will lead to other plays that might work later.

You are wasting a down and yardage early for the hope of a later reward.

Kliff, "my OL really sucks rocks and my scheme requires better than average tackles... screw it, throwing the fade to Fitz facing a Raven's front" lol

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Kliff is realizing that type of aggression won't be converted enough against NFL defenses to be wise. While I would prefer him be more aggressive in these situations, he made the right choices.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two games into Kliff's Cardinals tenure and ASFN has it all figured out. LMAO. The overreactions on here are hilarious.

I definitely don't have it all figured out but his play calling in the red zone has been suspect by his own admission

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I thought we'd all be on same page in that this is a learning experience season. But some of you seem to think we are a playoff ready team. This was only our new team's 2nd game together vs one of the top teams in the league. All of our team has a lot of learning thru game experience to do. All the 'mistakes' this season are simply great opportunities to learn, adjust, and improve. I think we should not get caught up too much on our W-L record this season. This one should only be about learning and getting everyone's feet firmly on the ground.

To me the only thing set in concrete as of right now is that we need a new, more successful and wiser GM. That is a must if we ever hope for long term improvement in the direction of greatness.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I thought we'd all be on same page in that this is a learning experience season. But some of you seem to think we are a playoff ready team. This was only our new team's 2nd game together vs one of the top teams in the league. All of our team has a lot of learning thru game experience to do. All the 'mistakes' this season are simply great opportunities to learn, adjust, and improve. I think we should not get caught up too much on our W-L record this season. This one should only be about learning and getting everyone's feet firmly on the ground.

To me the only thing set in concrete as of right now is that we need a new, more successful and wiser GM. That is a must if we ever hope for long term improvement in the direction of greatness.

If wins and losses don’t matter I doubt you’ll be getting that wiser GM anytime soon.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury and the Cardinals are now the first team since the NFL moved the goal posts in 1974 to attempt 3 field goal attempts in a game, while trailing, from inside the 5-yard line.

Nonsense. KK made the right decisions to keep us in the game. We had our chance in the 4th the pull off the win but we didnt get it done.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're back to watching a team that moves the ball great "between the 20's" as they used to say. I guess these days it could be "between the 25 and 20" (although not with our poor starting field position as of late). Then inside the 20, or even the 10, it's a whole different story.

If a player (outside of the red zone) is racing toward the end zone we are basically hoping and praying he gets in on that play because if he is stopped we are more than likely getting a FG. :|
You can't define what a team is like or what it intends to do after just 2 games under a new coach, new system and new QB. Dudes are just barely getting to know one another.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Its almost like if we had a real offensive line we could expand the play calling to actually be able to run up the middle, man on man.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Stating observations seems appropriate to me.
I agree. That is why I stated my observation about how hilarious this thread is given the fact we are two games in to the Kliff era, and era following a 3 win season, with a rookie QB, building from scratch. But hey, Kliff "NEEDS" to grow some. Sorry, this thread really is ludicrous given the situation.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As demonstrated by the fact that they had a chance to march down the field for the win in the 4th quarter it wasn't exactly a horrible decision. Now imagine he goes for it on 4th down and we don't get it. Now we're probably not even in a position to have a chance in the 4th quarter.
And it is ALWAYS like this after the fact.. which, imo, is why its silly to debate. But I get it as well.. we all have our perceptions.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Going from college to the NFL with zero experience isn’t an easy transition. I view Kingsbury like a rookie quarterback and expect him to struggle at times throughout the season. My only concern this year is improvement and so far the team has been better than last year on both sides of the ball.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Until they prove otherwise, they are proving Rex Ryan to be correct, it's a fantasy football offense with lots of fantasy points without the wins.

In another vein, I don't buy the learning curve for running your offense inside the 5 yard line. I don't see it as being all that different what you look to do whether it's college or the NFL. You know the defense is going to bring in their jumbo defense and play man to man most of the time. You half to know only certain plays will work against goal line defenses no matter what level you are playing at. If KK hasn't figured that out by now he never will.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose