Here's one media guy picking the Rams

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
MJD is picking the Rams to win this Sunday. I wouldn't have a problem with this, but the only thing he could come up with was that their D-line would dominate our O-line. Obviously the Rams have a very good D-line, but he also used the Rams past dominance with the D-line as if this O-line hasn't gotten a heck of a lot better recently.

http://www.azcardinals.com/videos/v...-Preview/bb37f941-c48b-41cf-b1a1-e9ae1d93f2e9

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll say that the Ram DL will let us know just how good our OL is. They don't have to blitz and we do. We'll see which scheme is more effective, and hopefully we'll benefit from:
1. Having a better QB.
2, Having a better defensive backfield.

We'll see on Sunday.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
MJD apparently only knows what is on the wires. He has no clue about the depth and breadth of this Cardinals team, and only knows that the Rams have a superb Defensive Line. He is F. O. S.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rams will bring the heat Sunday but I am confident our coaches will find a way to nuetralize that.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'll say that the Ram DL will let us know just how good our OL is. They don't have to blitz and we do. We'll see which scheme is more effective, and hopefully we'll benefit from:
1. Having a better QB.

We'll see on Sunday.

Can't wait the the OL/DL matchup. Time to see what they're made of.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I think this game will be ugly like the Rams/Steelers game.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
1. Having a better QB.

We'll see on Sunday.

3. having a better head coach
4. being at home

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Maybe, but I am confident that the Cards will score at least 20 and that should absolutely be enough to get the W.

20 points is fair by the offense but I think the defense scores again this week as well. Maybe it is Peterson's turn to make a trip to the endzone.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Rams D will be a good measuring stick for our O. But I believe we are still a much better team. And our D isn't bad either.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everything looks good except the Rams DL vs Cards OL

Just keep Carson upright (as in healthy) and we will win.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the segment where MJD did that was funny

they spend 45 seconds on all the things the Cards have been doing well -- and then the host asks MJD who his pick is -- and he picks Rams. Awkward silence ensues

OP
OP
CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The Cards have thrown for 9 TDs and the Rams D has only allowed 2 passing TDs. I'm looking further into this and looking at how the teams have done in passing TDs outside of playing the Rams.

The Seahawks have 4 on the year and 1 of those was against the Rams, the Skins have 3 with 1 against the Rams and the Steeler have 4 on the year with 3 against the 49ers and 1 against the Pats (both the 49ers and the Pats aren't very good at defending the pass).

Now break down who the Cards have been throwing TDs against. Chicago has given up 8 (4 to us, 3 to GB and 1 to Seattle), the 49ers have given up 5 (2 to us and 3 to the Steelers and 0 to the Vikes) and the Saints have given up 6 (3 to us, 2 to the Panthers and 1 to the Bucs).

In conclusion the defenses that we have faced actually aren't all that bad at preventing passing TDs (minus the 49ers on the road apparently). Also the teams that the Rams have faced thus far this year aren't all that good at passing for TDs (the Steelers are decent in this area, but were without Ben for a big chunk of the game). Something has to give, either the Cards who have scored the 2nd most passing TDs in the league will wilt or the team tied with the Cards for 2nd fewest passing TDs allowed will break. My money is on the Cards because I think that number is slightly inflated for the Rams and because the Rams will be playing on the road where they just aren't as effective.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. Having a better QB.

We'll see on Sunday.

Is it my imagination, or are we blitzing less this year? Seems we are just daring opposing QB's to throw it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rams KOd Palmer then Stanton.
If we aren't worried we should be.
Their D line is flat out amazing

They also took out Big Ben this week.

However, we have Drew Brees and Jay Cutler on our belt this year.

BIGRED1959

Go Cardinals!
Reaction score
Rams KOd Palmer then Stanton.
If we aren't worried we should be.
Their D line is flat out amazing

these two games against the Rams are going to have me chewing my fingers to the nub. If the cards take this game and everyone ( palmer ) comes out unscaved then we better all get on our hands and knees and thank the god of old qb's

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
A very good defensive line makes up for a lot of other deficiencies on the defensive side on the ball. I think Rams are going to keep it closer than we would all like.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
MJD is picking the Rams to win this Sunday. I wouldn't have a problem with this, but the only thing he could come up with was that their D-line would dominate our O-line. Obviously the Rams have a very good D-line, but he also used the Rams past dominance with the D-line as if this O-line hasn't gotten a heck of a lot better recently.

http://www.azcardinals.com/videos/v...-Preview/bb37f941-c48b-41cf-b1a1-e9ae1d93f2e9

Where's the fun in always predicting the favorite?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A very good defensive line makes up for a lot of other deficiencies on the defensive side on the ball. I think Rams are going to keep it closer than we would all like.

I'm thinking the same thing. I don't care about style points and living in bliss throughout this entire game. I just want a W and a clean bill of health at the end of the day.

OP
OP
CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Where's the fun in always predicting the favorite?
He could have given a better reason than "that d-line always dominated that o-line". What about their offense, how are the Rams going to score against the Cards D? Their D-line can have a good day all they want, but unless they are going to be able to score on us than it won't matter anyways.

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
the Rams are notorious QB killers, both their OWN QBs and the opposition

:biglaugh:
Everyone keeps yammering about the Rams taking out Palmers knee , they had little or nothing to do with it,it just gave out on its own.like some here have mentioned ran out of warranty.
And as far as their D line go's so long as Carson can get the ball out quickly I'm pretty sure we can hold them off long enough to win. RELAX!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard