Here we go again..."cards didnt win, the refs gave it to em"

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The facemask was AFTER the fumble! We would still have possession, right?

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Bah - there were no calls on both teams. Of course, a certain breed of Packer fan will complain that they were screwed over by the refs, but in reality, I think that the refs just failed to call penalties on both teams.

As for the face mask on Rodgers, I believe that since he had already fumbled the ball, AZ would have maintained possession, just that it would have been moved back 15 yards from the spot of the foul. In reality, what I think happened is that the second that ball popped loose, all of the ref's eyes watched the ball and no longer watched Rodgers.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Here is the interesting thing about that play..

The point is kindof moot.. the facemask happend AFTER Rodgers had lost the ball and Dansby had the ball in his grasp... meaning it would STILL BE CARDINALS BALL, from the spot which would be somewhere around the 20-24 yardline...

Rackers did just miss, and it was no gimme... but it certainly didn't cost them the game by NOT calling the penalty...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
retribution for the two BS horse collar calls, tw bad PI calls and the missed delay of game call

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfect response. If you want to talk about being boned by the refs, talk to any Arizona Cardinals fan. Dance Party at my house.

this made me lol in real life!

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Besides, he gets no protection for being a qb if he is able to make a play on the ball. He is fair game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the interesting thing about that play..

The point is kindof moot.. the facemask happend AFTER Rodgers had lost the ball and Dansby had the ball in his grasp... meaning it would STILL BE CARDINALS BALL, from the spot which would be somewhere around the 20-24 yardline...

Rackers did just miss, and it was no gimme... but it certainly didn't cost them the game by NOT calling the penalty...

Anybody have a video of this?

I'm having a debate with a non Packers fan who is insisting the Cards got given the game on that no call. My comment was the ball was already out, and Rodgers kicking the ball is I believe a penalty(you can't bat a fumble forward so I assume kicking qualifies too?)

His claim is the personal foul supersedes even the fumble and it would have been 15 yards and the ball back for the Pack.

DevilDon

Reaction score
LVG said it best, bad calls or no calls happened to both teams. I think overall a pretty fair balance of crappy calls for both teams.
A helluva game, fans can whine all they want, if this, if that, if another.
Look, if we hadn't given the ball up early and often it's a different game, but we DID!
I posted this some time ago, I was worried about your crafty QB and at the half Jimmy Johnson said "You blitz the crappy passers and you cover the good ones" and that's why we never blitzed, he would have really, really clobbered us.
I hope Rodgers watches this over and over, that Warner player is pretty good, lol.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
rofl the refs were wearing cheeseheads it was that bad. packer fans need to ****

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Remember when...

we used to EXPLAIN WHY we lost! IF ONLY this...IF ONLY that... GAME OVER! WE WON!! WAIT! This just in...WE have NO CHANCE because we play in the "weak" NFC WEST! :D I'm gonna' sleep GOOD tonight! :)

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Here's my take, the facemask was the classic inadvertant variety, he didn't grasp and twist it. No penalty.

Further, I think there is a chance if the ball would have hit the ground they'd have called a tuck or incomplete forward pass. He was definitely in the realm of a tuck. Dansby doesn't pluck that out of the air it goes to replay review and is called incomplete. They'll change that stat to an interception at some point this week.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A. The contact to the facemask was after the fumble, thus AZ ball regardless.

B. It wasn't a facemask, because in order for that to be called he'd have to grab and twist. There is no more 5 yard facemask call. IF you want to get your green panties in a bunch, you can start claiming hands to the face of the QB, but again, once the ball is out and live where he can make a play on it, he's not a QB any longer and is not subject to all his fancy protection rules.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
A. The contact to the facemask was after the fumble, thus AZ ball regardless.

B. It wasn't a facemask, because in order for that to be called he'd have to grab and twist. There is no more 5 yard facemask call. IF you want to get your green panties in a bunch, you can start claiming hands to the face of the QB, but again, once the ball is out and live where he can make a play on it, he's not a QB any longer and is not subject to all his fancy protection rules.

If anyone is to blame, its Aaron "The Chosen One's" foot. Dummy looked like he tried to kick it. Karlos Dansby in the place to be, game set, go back to Wisconsin losers.

DevilDon

Reaction score
rofl the refs were wearing cheeseheads it was that bad. packer fans need to ****
You're a classless goof dude. I came here to congratulate you on the win. I give props and you say it was all you? I don't think you know football son. The horsecollars were 50/50 one that wasn't, was called, one that was, wasn't called.
The head to head on Rogers not called. I don't know what game you were watching or if you are just an innocent child, but seriously, it was even.
I guess there's one classless poster on all forums. I'm done, no more from me, see you guys next year, good luck and take down the rest of the NFC!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a video of this?

I'm having a debate with a non Packers fan who is insisting the Cards got given the game on that no call. My comment was the ball was already out, and Rodgers kicking the ball is I believe a penalty(you can't bat a fumble forward so I assume kicking qualifies too?)

His claim is the personal foul supersedes even the fumble and it would have been 15 yards and the ball back for the Pack.

Found some photos...

You must be registered for see images

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
You're a classless goof dude. I came here to congratulate you on the win. I give props and you say it was all you? I don't think you know football son. The horsecollars were 50/50 one that wasn't, was called, one that was, wasn't called.
The head to head on Rogers not called. I don't know what game you were watching or if you are just an innocent child, but seriously, it was even.
I guess there's one classless poster on all forums. I'm done, no more from me, see you guys next year, good luck and take down the rest of the NFC!

you don't know me, and it wasn't just the horse collars, it was the delay of game....oh wait the timeout, the defensive holding when adams had both hands up, the pass interference calls, etc. GO PACK GO.....HOME. peace.

p.s sorry for the Ochocinco pic, i know it might bring back some bad memories.....

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
that might have been a 5 yard facebook....too bad for the Packers they don't exist anymore. Packers should be careful about crying, they might freeze in Green Bay

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No talk about the no call of Unsportsman like conduction for throwing the ball up and onto the field or the subsequent bogus personal foul

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It was after the fumble so cards would've gotten the ball around the 20 yard line and probably still won the game.

The way I look at it: it makes up for the Titan "dont hold, dont hold" game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was after the fumble so cards would've gotten the ball around the 20 yard line and probably still won the game.

The way I look at it: it makes up for the Titan "dont hold, dont hold" game.

I keep seeing that's not true. Because there is no 5 yard facemask anymore, it would have been a personal foul and that trumps even the fumble, it would have been their ball 15 yards for the facemask. I've been trying to confirm that but I don't really know where to look?

chickenhead

Reaction score
Hightower got clipped in the Super Bowl and we got over it...

Maybe?