Reaction score
Gunpowder Milkshake

Release Date: July 14, 2021
Studio: Netflix
Director: Navot Papushado
MPAA Rating: R for strong bloody violence throughout and language
Screenwriter: Navot Papushado, Ehud Lavski
Genre: Action | Adventure | Thriller

Starring: Karen Gillan, Joanna Bobin, Freya Allan, Lena Headey, Ed Birch, Paul Giamatti, Ralph Ineson, Adam Nagaitis, David Zimmerschied, Carla Gugino, Angela Bassett, Michelle Yeoh

Plot Summary: Three generations of women fight back against those who could take everything from them.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On paper it's our kind of movie and my wife and I are both fond of Karen Gillan thanks to her Dr Who run. But even though it's right up our alley, I couldn't recommend this movie to anyone. It's supposed to be Jane Wick basically but it's laughably bad minus the laughs. I can't remember the last time that the direction and choreography stood out so horribly as it did in this one. Worst fight scenes I've seen since the early Golan Globus days.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This was bad. I mean, really bad. Had high hopes going in, but DAMN! I think the gross overuse of slow mo scenes added 1/2 an hour to this atrocity. And who knew gun dealers would only have a few guns at their disposal? Just ugh.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Man was looking forward to this after seeing the trailer. Bummed to see these reviews.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn’t that bad. Cheesy yes. Horrible? Not in my opinion.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really enjoyed it. My daughter who is not a big action person liked it too so that is saying something. Not even close to the same level as John Wick but this had some really good parts that were a blast. Great movie? Not by any stretch but I have seen way way worse movies this year. Try Cosmic Sin starring Bruce Willis. You will think this movie is a masterpiece.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave