Grizzlies @ Suns Sunday game thread 1-22-2023

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Maybe we can fool someone into thinking that Mikal is good at basketball and trade him by the deadline. Dude can’t defend and shrivels up in the 4th

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Suns can't stand good times.
Down the stretch is tough for the 2nd unit players. These Suns Subs let it get to only 2 up. Two point win is good enough however. In fact I always enjoyed a one or 2 point win over the opposition better than a blow out really. Because it's normally a battle but this game the final score wasn't a true indication of the whole game.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First dumb to blow our challenge with 50 seconds left in the third. The third.

Then the rotations sucked in the second half as cp3 ground the offense to an inefficient pace.

And sticking Ish in there for defense at the end? How about Okogie if you’re going to do something like that.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Paul needs to come off the bench. He can’t keep up the pace for 4 quarters anymore.

Let Cam Payne and Lee/Washington start bring Paul in as a closer when he still fresh

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe but that's his first game back after being out for more than two weeks.

Dude he was TRASH before in the clutch his clutch stats all year have been horrible his shooting percentage is down like 25% from last year. This isn’t a one game thing.

He can’t play a full game anymore

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude he was TRASH before in the clutch his clutch stats all year have been horrible his shooting percentage is down like 25% from last year. This isn’t a one game thing.

He can’t play a full game anymore
His clutch stats were bad but his overall stats weren't that great either. He had a strong game just before he went down again and maybe it was a fluke but tonight, for a good part of the game he was again close to being CP3 of last year.

Anyway, I'm not sure you're wrong, I just think it's too early to close the book on him. Regardless, Monty had no business playing Chris 38 minutes tonight.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His clutch stats were bad but his overall stats weren't that great either. He had a strong game just before he went down again and maybe it was a fluke but tonight, for a good part of the game he was again close to being CP3 of last year.

Anyway, I'm not sure you're wrong, I just think it's too early to close the book on him. Regardless, Monty had no business playing Chris 38 minutes tonight.
He played him 38 minutes right out of the gate?

Monty is an idiot.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It goes back to the playoffs last year. He can’t keep up that pace for a whole game anymore. This isn’t a small sample size anymore.

That’s another damn issue. Even before this most recent injury why is Paul your oldest player leading you in minutes played and FGA? Like come on Monty let’s have some damn sense.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We won, that's all that matters. And before there is even more whining about how Memphis caught up, Memphis is fully healthy and is a pretty damn good team. We are missing our #1 and (arguably) our #2. Suns fans complain about not getting nice stuff because they don't even recognize when they have it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Good win. Disconcerting to see the run at the end of the 3rd cut the lead in half. And our end game situations without Booker are seemingly just praying.

Also, anyone else astonished at how consistently bad we are inbounding the ball?

Cam Johnson came back to earth but he hit a big hot and drew the foul late on a broken play.

That griz team is talented but dumb.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose