Griese would rather be a backup in Miami than to Start for the Cards?!

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
With the way things are going....Maybe......

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6245334
MIAMI -- Brian Griese says he's interested in signing with the Miami Dolphins as the backup to Jay Fiedler if he can't land a starting job elsewhere.

Advertisement

Griese is expected to be released June 1 by the Denver Broncos. His father, Hall of Fame quarterback Bob Griese, led the Dolphins during their glory years in the 1970s.

"It's a city where I grew up, and the team is very good," Griese said. "I need to weigh my options to see whether there is another opportunity out there. ... But I love Miami."

Griese plans to talk soon with teams about the possibility of signing with them after being released. He declined to identify any other teams but said he'll visit by phone with Dolphins offensive coordinator Norv Turner.

The Broncos have failed to make the playoffs the past two seasons with Griese as their starter, and last week they signed former Arizona quarterback Jake Plummer to a seven-year, $40 million contract.

The Broncos have indicated they will release Griese on June 1 to save salary-cap space and have given him permission to seek a trade. But he acknowledged that a trade is unlikely because of the impact it would have on Denver's salary cap.

If he's released in June, it may be too late for him to land a starting job.

The Dolphins declined to comment, but their interest in Griese is no secret. They've said Fiedler will again be their starter this year, but they're seeking a new No. 2 quarterback.

Last year Miami went 2-4 last season when Fiedler was hurt and Ray Lucas struggled as his replacement.

"I've been a starter in this league, and I believe I can still be one," Griese said. "But I'd also like to play for a team that can win the Super Bowl, and certainly Miami can do that with the talent they have there."

Griese, who turns 28 Tuesday, was Denver's third-round draft pick in 1998 and took over for John Elway the next season. He made the Pro Bowl in 2000 but has gone just 27-24 as a starter.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At this point, if you weren't a fan of the cards, which griese isn't......would you come here if you were griese????

It's the cards turn to f with someone

They should contact colvin, and go we'll give you 10 million a year...with a 15 million dollar signing bonus....and just see what he does, what he says, etc. Hopefully a half hour after he signs.

Say it serious like...Say we were just sending you our latest offer. Oh, you already signed elsewhere, oh well. Put that in the back of his mind.

I want some redemption. Yeah its stupid, but I'm po'ed...just like everyone here.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Following Elway and "failing" and then following Plummer and failing would make Brian suicidal!

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by TRW
Following Elway and "failing" and then following Plummer and failing would make Brian suicidal!
....or maybe provide him a path to redemption !!!

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Providing, of course, that he doesn't fail.

And as far as his posted quote, notice his first choice is still to start somewhere.

If the Cards signed him, I'm sure he would literally be guaranteed to be starting when the season begins, in spite of any media bytes and PR comments regarding McCown or Parsons.