Grave tactical error

wembley88

A Grand Old Team
Reaction score
The cards have underestimated the impact of letting both Boston and Plummer go. To the outside world these were our best 2 players (rightly or wrongly) and probably the only 2 some fans of other teams could name.

The message out there is that we're a low-ball organisation and all we'll end up with is overpriced mercenaries reaching the end of their careers looking for a big paycheque.

I've followed the Cards for decades from across the Atlantic but it's never been this depressing.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Florida Marlins of Football.....One diffence...we have no ring...

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Greetings Wembley!

(Is Wembley still there? I thought they replaced it? Can't remember)

You are 100% correct regarding the two initial shots this team took. Personally I'm glad Plummer's gone, but Boston hurt. Regardless, the PERCEPTION around the league is absolutely killing this franchise. More than bad drafts, bad play, low attendance, more than anything.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome wembley.

I don't think Plummer or Boston had anything to do with these free agent happenings.

Players talk all the time. Top FAs have abused us for years. This is nothing new.

Nothing will change until we win.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
Welcome wembley.

I don't think Plummer or Boston had anything to do with these free agent happenings.

Players talk all the time. Top FAs have abused us for years. This is nothing new.

Nothing will change until we win.

I know we just moved into the NFC West...But, do you guys think we have a chance to move in to, say, NFL Europe? Maybe we can win there.

OP
OP
wembley88

wembley88

A Grand Old Team
Reaction score
nice idea. ive seen some NFL europe games and think the Cards could perhaps be competitive. Maybe.

Just like some players who're at the last chance saloon, the Cards organisation could come over en masse and try out for a few years before returning back to the NFL with a bit more confidence. In the meantime the powerhouse Scottish Claymores could fill in for the Cards in their absence.