Golden Globes "Pick the Winner" Game

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was the biggest shock of the night for me. nice work on calling it.

shocks:

ugly betty - best comedy
cars - best animated
grey's anatomy - best drama
kyra sedgwick - drama actress
happy feet - best song

not totally shocked, but still surprised:

babel - best drama
eddie murphy - best supporting
letters from iwo jima - best foreign

The bold ones shocked me. But I knew Cars would win and Iwo Jima was a surefire winner, it was made basically to win this category. Babel suprised me a great deal. I wasn't shocked by Grey's Anatomy, but I did think that Big Love was going to be the easy winner there...kind of sad.

Forest Whitaker is apparently amazing in that role, so I've read. That's why I picked him..and why I want to see it. I had Leo there for Departed, then my father in law said he was as good or better in Blood Diamond. So I figured he wouldn't win for either, and went with Forest.

Good for Scorcese for getting the director nod...will that translate to an Oscar? He is so overdue.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aw man. I really got smashed. lol

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never even heard of this show. I thought The Office would take this easily.

I love Ugly Betty...it's a real camp-fest (based on Spanish telenovellas) but America Ferrera is fantastic in the role. I can't explain why I watch the show, but I smile every time I do.

With that said, it's no Office and there is no way it should have beaten that show out. No way. America more than deserved her individual Golden Globe, however...she carries Ugly Betty.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz