BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is a great spot. Haven't been there as much since I moved to Scottsdale, but still go occasionally. Once the cooler weather hits, the Preserve will be full of ducks. Many Egrets and Herons live there. Currently, there is a rare for Arizona Tri-colored Heron hanging out there.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is a great spot. Haven't been there as much since I moved to Scottsdale, but still go occasionally. Once the cooler weather hits, the Preserve will be full of ducks. Many Egrets and Herons live there. Currently, there is a rare for Arizona Tri-colored Heron hanging out there.
nice. My wife sent me the article and it looked like it would be a great spot to go walking one day with the kids.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice. My wife sent me the article and it looked like it would be a great spot to go walking one day with the kids.

It is - lots of trails, the ponds have lots of larger birds to look at

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been wanting to go there for some time now.

Plenty of Ingress portals:

You must be registered for see images attach

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I used to live nearby - once saw a coyote crossing Cooper Rd headed over there. Strange sight in the middle of the day!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's about 5 mins from my house. I ride bikes there with my girls all the time and we go Pokemon hunting. It's a fun place! The pond is like cheating so if your kids like to fish bring a couple of poles, and if you can come in the evening on a clear night you can hit the little observatory that is there!

If you see a fat guy riding by the canal on a bike you can kick him into the canal, cuz it's probably me. :)

Either way I highly recommend it. I have gotten some decent bird photos there I will dig a few up and post them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's about 5 mins from my house. I ride bikes there with my girls all the time and we go Pokemon hunting. It's a fun place! The pond is like cheating so if your kids like to fish bring a couple of poles, and if you can come in the evening on a clear night you can hit the little observatory that is there!

If you see a fat guy riding by the canal on a bike you can kick him into the canal, cuz it's probably me. :)

Either way I highly recommend it. I have gotten some decent bird photos there I will dig a few up and post them.
nice!

I keep forgetting about this place...