Giants release Bradberry

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Bradberry gave up 848 yards, 62% comp percentage and 8 TD's last year while missing 22% of his tackles.

I can live without him.
22% is pretty bad, but he only gave up a 93 QB Rating....which means he's pretty much an average player.....which means he isn't the savior that some are claiming him to be.

Let's look at this logically. Is it worth stretching money to future years to add a league average player? Meh...especially on an almost 29 year old corner.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s funny, it’s the Giants’ fault for Will Hernandez being a bad player for multiple years, but it’s Bradberry’s fault for not having 1 non-dominant year.

Not really. More than willing to accept that Bradberry can be better on another team or in a better scheme. Wouldn't complain if we signed him for the money he got.

At the same time he was good in NY in 2020 so why the big drop off? And the "Bradberry is a top corner and we have to sign him" stuff is silly.

If he was that good he wouldn't only be getting 7.5m plus incentives for a year.

He's this years Steven Nelson.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Still think this would have been a worthwhile signing. He’s decent, though admittedly not special.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Not really. More than willing to accept that Bradberry can be better on another team or in a better scheme. Wouldn't complain if we signed him for the money he got.

At the same time he was good in NY in 2020 so why the big drop off? And the "Bradberry is a top corner and we have to sign him" stuff is silly.

If he was that good he wouldn't only be getting 7.5m plus incentives for a year.

He's this years Steven Nelson.
Even if he has offset language in his contract from New York, he's not losing any money this season.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I don't think Hurts is a bad player...I think he is a limited player. Who knows though...sometimes guys actually...develop.

When Josh Allen came out I was scared as hell the Cardinals would draft him and get a QB who was a sub 60% passer...basically a high end John Skelton.
I had questions about Allen too, but what we have to remember is he made a decision to put in the time and effort to become the best QB he could be. He already had the physical traits, he just needed to get better (improve) at the other facets of being a QB which he has done and is probably still working on.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I had questions about Allen too, but what we have to remember is he made a decision to put in the time and effort to become the best QB he could be. He already had the physical traits, he just needed to get better (improve) at the other facets of being a QB which he has done and is probably still working on.
Decision is only one part of it though. Lots of players work hard and never become great.

Kevin Kolb supposedly worked really hard. The mental side of QB play is greater than the physical side. That's why Tom Brady is in the discussion for greatest athletes ever even though he is a below average athlete.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
At this point in free agency there aren’t likely to be any sure things. So the question is simply, who might help somewhat? That’s how I saw Bradbury and see Hicks.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At this point in free agency there aren’t likely to be any sure things. So the question is simply, who might help somewhat? That’s how I saw Bradbury and see Hicks.

I'd rather Ogunjobi than Hicks. Had 7 sacks, 16 QB hits and 24 pressures last year. And only 27.

I wouldn't mind giving Takk McKinley a cheap deal at OLB too. Still only 26. Never lived up to his billing but I'd like to see what he can do at 3-4 OLB after playing most his career as a 4-3 DE I believe which at 6-2 250lb I'm not sure he was built for.

Last edited: