Get ready... who's your third round pick

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'll take that problem tonight!

I think there's a better chance that the 5 DL you listed are gone though.

Here's some targets from SBNation:

64. Robert Hunt, G, Louisiana

65. Matt Peart, OT, Connecticut

66. Josh Uche, Edge, Michigan

67. Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina

68. X - Van Jefferson - No

69. Zack Moss, RB, Utah

70. Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame

71. Saahdiq Charles, OT, LSU

72. X - Jacob Eason - No

73. Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame

74. X - Jabari Zuniga - No

75. Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton

76. Lucas Niang, OT, TCU

77. X - Jalen Hurts - No

78. Matt Hennessy, C, Temple

80. Jordan Elliott, DL, Missouri

86. Damien Lewis, G, LSU
Claypool is intriguing. As is Kmet

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My third and 4th round hopes:

Athletic rankings

64. Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (6-4, 238) - Turn him into a pass-catching T-end
70. Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma (6-2, 304) - inside rush on passing downs
71. Cam Akers, RB, Florida State (5-10, 217)- we need at #3 who could be a #1 next season
82. John Simpson, OG, Clemson (6-4, 321) - right guard of the future
87. Zack Moss, RB, Utah (5-9, 223) - we need at #3 who could be a #1 next season
90. Lucas Niang, OT, TCU (6-6, 315) - right tackle of the future
92. Nick Harris, OC, Washington (6-1, 302) - future centre, move Cole to LG

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually thought Doug made a really good point about trading a pick next year to get back into the 2nd. With everything that might be going on for the college football season, will we get a regular draft class? What if they play shortened seasons, or the season is delayed a lot and the normal draft process is much shorter?

He threw out the idea of trading a pick next year to land another pick in this historically deep draft, and honestly I really like the idea.

If they identify a player they really like, I say do what it takes to move up, including trading say a 2nd rounder next year. 1st rounders IMO are too valuable because of the 5th year.

I also am a fan of trading 2021 1st rounder for picks in this years draft. Now here me out. With the current situation going on and possible no Fall Football you have to consider this. No Football, No way to evaluate current 2021 players development but you have current evaluations on players to take in the 2nd round. There are a couple of teams that have 2 second rounders that i would call just to inquire about trading with. See if their game. I would ask for 2 seconds + other picks either this year or next.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We don't really need safety with Simmons on board.

Our picks should be DL, CB, TE, OL, RB - those are our needs.
Agree with all except TE. Since we don't have a 2nd round pick and SK will have too much time on his hands, I'm expecting a FA signing (for a TE) or a trade for Howard. At #72 I expect we'll go BPA at one of the above positions. My hope is CB or OL.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about it we need to go DL. Preferably a space eater. Let Phillips, Peters and whoever keep Simmons clean to make plays.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Anthony Nelson DE/Iowa was getting 1st round attention a few years back and ended up sliding all the way to 4th round.

IIRC - he tested slightly better than Espenesa and had similar to better stats at Iowa.

How far could Espenesa fall?

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I also am a fan of trading 2021 1st rounder for picks in this years draft. Now here me out. With the current situation going on and possible no Fall Football you have to consider this. No Football, No way to evaluate current 2021 players development but you have current evaluations on players to take in the 2nd round. There are a couple of teams that have 2 second rounders that i would call just to inquire about trading with. See if their game. I would ask for 2 seconds + other picks either this year or next.

I don't think anyone would give us TWO 2nd round picks, because I'm sure we are not the only ones thinking these things about next years draft.

I think we could probably get a team with two 2nd round picks to give us one of them in exchange for our first, because that is a solid gamble for them. Anything can happen, and if we end up at 5-11 again next year and they have a top 10 pick its a massive win for that team.

I would put my money on us improving, getting to 9-10 wins and picking in the 20's. So getting a pick in the 40's this year this year while giving up a pick in the 20's might be worth it. It depends on who we are going after. If they have an OT, DL, or WR in their sites...or maybe a guy that is sliding...I say do it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Niang, Muti, Cleveland but so many players to go yet. Wouldn't be surprised they are all gone.

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If no one else mentioned it, thedraftnetwork.com has been update to reflect the first round picks.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be honest, I don't know much about him and so I didn't add him. You could be on to something, but I just don't know enough to comment.

Cards interviewed him. Would give Kruger an athletic big guy to groom over the next couple of years. Can play multiple positions. He will be better as a guard and is a road grader. Not sure if he makes it to the third though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson