Gameday thread Chargers at Cardinals 9-8-14

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My lord this Berman/Dilfer announcing tandem is just about the worst I have ever heard. Other than that...great 1st half by Cards. No doubt in my mind they win this one. Best Cards team I have seen since their 2008 team.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the bright side is Ginn was horrible on returns looking scared, but he made the big catch to set up that FG

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nice way to end the half. Berman makes me feel like I'm watching golf though. No pressure on Rivers has to be a major concern. Even with blitzes we're not getting close. The D has looked good though. But man our offense has looked bad. All that talk in the offseason about being comfortable in the offense now and they stink. And please for the love of God stop having TEs block Freeny.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Anderson was 24 of 34 for 230 yards, 2 TD's and a 108.7 QBR yesterday and I hate to say it but he looked pretty good. I know, I know it's DA and he'll have 5 bad ones in the row but for week 1 he's 1 up on Palmer so far.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anderson was 24 of 34 for 230 yards, 2 TD's and a 108.7 QBR yesterday and I hate to say it but he looked pretty good. I know, I know it's DA and he'll have 5 bad ones in the row but for week 1 he's 1 up on Palmer so far.

Not exactly moving ball at will, but I see your point.

:)

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice way to end the half.

No pressure on Rivers has to be a major concern. Even with blitzes we're not getting close.

All that talk in the offseason about being comfortable in the offense now and they stink.
Good to get points before half

Lack of pressure will come back to hurt us

Yeah, what's up with the offense looking so rusty? And the poor blocking?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh, do we need to talk about Ray Rice some more? I mean, everyone dropped the ball on this. The Atlantic County prosecutor really F'd this up by giving him pre-trial intervention meaning that after a year of completing services Rice won't have a conviction on his record. A real violent crime but because he's a celebrity he gets a pass. Anyone else would get jail time.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good news is ellingtons foot looked just fine fighting for yards right there

I had the exact same thought.

Just like last year...... Adjustments at halftime will be the key to victory.

Trust in Bruce & Tom.

Fully agree. I don't recall a post on this thread about how FREAKING GREAT Bowles is as our DC. Los Who? Dwashout Who?

SK gets a thumbs up for acquiring Foote as he is playing Fantastic.

Does our kicker have balls?

Big Brass Ones.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh, do we need to talk about Ray Rice some more? I mean, everyone dropped the ball on this. The Atlantic County prosecutor really F'd this up by giving him pre-trial intervention meaning that after a year of completing services Rice won't have a conviction on his record. A real violent crime but because he's a celebrity he gets a pass. Anyone else would get jail time.

yup.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oh and our new punter sucks. Should have Feely back there, he's good at dropping it at the 10 yard line.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get the Palmer hate. He's made his share of mistakes but... DA, really????

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison