Game 2 Quick Thoughts...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Happened to catch Tim Legler on the Mad Dog Radio channel (SiriusXM). All you dudes who continue to get caught up in moaning about the disrespect the Suns receive, are totally misguided. You can choose to get stuck in that "whoa is me" lane...but for me, I am thoroughly basking in the TONS of praise being heaped upon this team! Legler and the two hosts (Mad Dog was out on vacation), were totally effusive in their praise of this team! Same goes for Steven A, Wilbon, SVP, the boys on TNT, etc, etc, etc... I even caught a clip of Skip Bayless proclaiming Suns in 4!

Anyway, Legler is so damn good... He captured the entire story of this team so well today. If you get the chance to find that interview, do it!
In terms of tonight, while he believes the Bucks are totally overmatched, he did say that their only hope to be competitive is to do the following:

- Do whatever is needed to keep CP3 from going off. If they can keep Paul to a point-total in the low teens, they'll have a shot. Even knowing that Ayton, Booker, Bridges, Crowder, Cam J and Cam P will all get theirs...

- Dominate the paint on the offensive end of the court. Looks for Giannis to be 100x more aggressive than he was in game 1, where he only had 11 FGA's. If he plays 35+ mins, he will likely double his FGA's tonight. Legler pointed out the loss of Saric could be a legit opening for the Bucks should they truly decide to own the paint.

So, should be interesting to see how Monty deals with the coming adjustments from the Bucks.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
- Do whatever is needed to keep CP3 from going off. If they can keep Paul to a point-total in the low teens, they'll have a shot. Even knowing that Ayton, Booker, Bridges, Crowder, Cam J and Cam P will all get theirs...
This was my main key to PHX winning title. If Paul can average 30ppg then it takes pressure off Ayton and Booker and will have defense having to pick their poison between Paul, Booker & Ayton but then they have to worry about 3pt shooting from Bridges, Crowder & Johnson.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Legler is a long-time Suns homer, if I remember correctly. It's been years, but I think he was the one who was always really high on SSOL teams. I like that dude!

Well, the Suns WERE the first NBA team for which Legler played...

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Gotta keep Ayton out of foul trouble. He's been so good at it but if the Bucks go small and Giannis is at the 5 then DA will get a ton of sherman tank level drives at him. Only saving grace is if Giannis can't euro step like he usually does. Then DA can stand up to it better.

SO NERVOUS! I just think the Bucks come out on fire tonight. Total aggression.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Gotta keep Ayton out of foul trouble. He's been so good at it but if the Bucks go small and Giannis is at the 5 then DA will get a ton of sherman tank level drives at him. Only saving grace is if Giannis can't euro step like he usually does. Then DA can stand up to it better.

There is literally no other option for the Bucks... Every "expert" is predicting this... they will come out with their hair on fire and Giannis will look to completely dominate. As Legler said, Giannis will not be anywhere close to the 11 field goal attempts he had in game 1. Which means he will likely spend a huge amount of time at the free throw line. Which means DA is is jeopardy of piling up the fouls. Which means we will have to see large doses of Frank and Sticks...
If at the same time, the Bucks are able to shutdown CP3, huge pressure then falls on Book, Ayton, Bridges, Crowder & Cam2x...

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's nice the "experts" are saying nice things about the Suns...but this is why they play the games!!! The Bucks are gonna come out fighting tonight and we gotta BRING IT BIG TIME!!! Let's GO SUNS!!! Rally the Valley b*****s!!!!!!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bucks are not a smart team. Kendrick Perkins said they are the dumbest team in the history of the finals. It is not new. We saw it in their earlier series. They can play intense, and hard, but they are just not that smart and that starts with Giannis.

Giannis does not know how to get his teammates involved. He demands the ball and then dominates it. I just cannot see them figuring that out. They could get better on defense, but I do not see their offense improving. Giannis keeps the rest of his team from getting any rhythm going. He takes the prime clock time, and when the other players get the ball, they get it with little time on the shot clock or at the wrong spot on the floor.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tim Legler predicted everything the Bucks would throw at the Suns in Game 2 correctly. Post game he said in Game 3 the Bucks need to get Ayton into early foul trouble and get him out of the game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose