Free Agency is Going to be Wild

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
GMs are really going to earn their money this year. As much as many don't like SK, and rightfully so when it comes to his drafts. He did a good job with the David Johnson problem contract and getting DHop in return. He also did an ok job juggling injuries and covid backups. Where he will cement his future with Bidwill is in this off season with a league wide reduced cap and lots of quality assets on the street wanting what little money there is. I included a link I like below that shows the shape of each team.

Look at Green Bay's FAs alone. Profootball Network has other teams too. Creative deals and the courage to pass on guys like P2 and Fitz and to extend guys like Chandler Jones to free up dollars will be defining decisions for SK. I wish someone else could do our drafting.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top-green-bay-packers-pending-free-agents-2021/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2021/

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
GMs are really going to earn their money this year. As much as many don't like SK, and rightfully so when it comes to his drafts. He did a good job with the David Johnson problem contract and getting DHop in return. He also did an ok job juggling injuries and covid backups. Where he will cement his future with Bidwill is in this off season with a league wide reduced cap and lots of quality assets on the street wanting what little money there is. I included a link I like below that shows the shape of each team.

Look at Green Bay's FAs alone. Profootball Network has other teams too. Creative deals and the courage to pass on guys like P2 and Fitz and to extend guys like Chandler Jones to free up dollars will be defining decisions for SK. I wish someone else could do our drafting.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top-green-bay-packers-pending-free-agents-2021/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2021/

Good the center is solid but old so I won't pay him
Kevin King is just 25 and having a 6'3 cb would be fine

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. Drafting is Keim's biggest weakness. I wish he would give up this role if he is to remain GM.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Saints and Eagles are in such an untenable situation that the league may have to change the rules.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea but Kevin King sucks
The link saying green Bay packers defense was one of the best pass defense in the nfl
Its just what I read, don't know much about him
Wait i did some search now
In 2020, the interceptions have dried up and so has any hope of a productive Kevin King. He is posting an awful minus-2 Total Points Saved in 2020. That ranks as the 16th-worst cornerback in football. PFF agrees with the quality of King's play, giving him an atrocious 51.7, he is in the p21 range

I like the guys I saw against us
Jason Verret and Ankhello Weatherspoon

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The Saints and Eagles are in such an untenable situation that the league may have to change the rules.

Packers, Steelers, Falcons and Rams also in difficult shape too

looking at the Saints cap situation, i dont even know how they get to where they need to be.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ARZ could free up enough cap space to fill some significant holes and then get young cheap talent in draft.

Figuring they do not resign Peterson & Fitz and they cut Hicks & Pugh and maybe extend Jones to lower his cap hit next year that should free up a lot of money.

I wouldn't overpay for a veteran CB or WR in FA, those would be my draft pick ups.

Instead I use the cap space to bring in immediate help to OL in order to protect Murray and improve run game.

Interior OL would cost less than trying to sign top available FA CBs & WRs so I use cap space on:
Brandon Scherff
Joe Thuney
Corey Linsley
Jayon Brown
Curtis Samuel
Carlos Hyde

Bring back Drake at a number around $5.5M & Dan Arnold.

Draft 2 CB's, WR, DL, ILB.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do whatever it takes to fix the offense. Put every penny, every resource into the offense. Screw the D. If you have to score 45 to win, so be it. Make sure you have one side of the ball built & ready to kick butt. Make the playoffs solely based on your offense. Then fire Joseph, bring in a legit DC, and then build up the D.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do whatever it takes to fix the offense. Put every penny, every resource into the offense. Screw the D. If you have to score 45 to win, so be it. Make sure you have one side of the ball built & ready to kick butt. Make the playoffs solely based on your offense. Then fire Joseph, bring in a legit DC, and then build up the D.

Football Outsiders (DVOA) ranks the Cards "D" at #10.

Guess there's 22 "illegitimate" D-C's out there.

Football Outsiders (DVOA) ranks the Cards "O" at #19.

Reaction score
ARZ could free up enough cap space to fill some significant holes and then get young cheap talent in draft.

Figuring they do not resign Peterson & Fitz and they cut Hicks & Pugh and maybe extend Jones to lower his cap hit next year that should free up a lot of money.

I wouldn't overpay for a veteran CB or WR in FA, those would be my draft pick ups.

Instead I use the cap space to bring in immediate help to OL in order to protect Murray and improve run game.

Interior OL would cost less than trying to sign top available FA CBs & WRs so I use cap space on:
Brandon Scherff
Joe Thuney
Corey Linsley
Jayon Brown
Curtis Samuel
Carlos Hyde

Why would you want to cut Pugh who is one of our better O Linemen?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Brandon Scherff
Joe Thuney
Corey Linsley
Jayon Brown
Curtis Samuel
Carlos Hyde

Our problems on the O-line are from centre - right.

Pugh at age 30 is hardly old for an O-lineman and I would extend him to lower cap and sign Thuney who'll be a lot cheaper than Scherff, and target Chris Carson (Seattle) to team with Drake and Edmonds.

Humphries - Pugh - (Gaillard/Cole) - Thuney - Jones.

If they cut Hicks the $3m saving should go to D. Campbell.

Extend C. jones.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Football Outsiders (DVOA) ranks the Cards "D" at #10.

Guess there's 22 "illegitimate" D-C's out there.

Football Outsiders (DVOA) ranks the Cards "O" at #19.
Stats are misleading. My eyes saw a defense that consistently allowed opponents to drive the length of the field after our offense put up a score. Our D under Joseph for 2 years has been a momentum killer. If you really think Joseph is the answer as DC, then there’s nothing more for me to say. We’ll just agree to disagree & the Cardinals will stay close to the basement of the NFC West.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stats are misleading. My eyes saw a defense that consistently allowed opponents to drive the length of the field after our offense put up a score. Our D under Joseph for 2 years has been a momentum killer. If you really think Joseph is the answer as DC, then there’s nothing more for me to say. We’ll just agree to disagree & the Cardinals will stay close to the basement of the NFC West.

Sure. You can ignore the actual stats and ranking and trust your eyes that evidently didn't see two games at the end of the season when the Cards "D" gave up 20 and 9 points and our "O" blew the opportunity to reach the playoffs.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Our problems on the O-line are from centre - right.

Pugh at age 30 is hardly old for an O-lineman and I would extend him to lower cap and sign Thuney who'll be a lot cheaper than Scherff, and target Chris Carson (Seattle) to team with Drake and Edmonds.

Humphries - Pugh - (Gaillard/Cole) - Thuney - Jones.

If they cut Hicks the $3m saving should go to D. Campbell.

Extend C. jones.

I’m on board with that other than the RB room. I let Drake walk and draft a young, hungry, hard running fast guy.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure. You can ignore the actual stats and ranking and trust your eyes that evidently didn't see two games at the end of the season when the Cards "D" gave up 20 and 9 points and our "O" blew the opportunity to reach the playoffs.
You do realize that that wonderful D you speak glowingly of gave up 20 points to the Niners 3rd string offense. And even though the Rams offense only put up 9 points, they also dominated time of possession, having the ball for 39 stinking minutes.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You do realize that that wonderful D you speak glowingly of gave up 20 points to the Niners 3rd string offense. And even though the Rams offense only put up 9 points, they also dominated time of possession, having the ball for 39 stinking minutes.

Hardly wonderful, but if you want argue that those two losses aren't on the "0" , go ahead.

And our "0's" inability also relates to time of possession.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave