For the video game players out there

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
In the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly they compiled the top 100 video games of all time (PC or video game system).

#1 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
#2 - Doom
#3 - Tetris
#4 - Grand Theft Auto III

Kind of interesting to see how many recent games made it vs. some classics that really defined their system (Super Mario Bros., Centipede). I think Donkey Kong and Galaga were the only two old school games I saw.

Goldeneye was up there - that game almost made me fail freshman year of college. Final Fantasy VII made it but I liked VIII a little better.

Robbed: Silent Hill. Simply put, a thought-provoking and terrifying game that was light years ahead of its time. Came out under the radar and built a franchise on word of mouth.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdamien13

Robbed: Silent Hill. Simply put, a thought-provoking and terrifying game that was light years ahead of its time. Came out under the radar and built a franchise on word of mouth.

I know this is kinda off topic, but how is Silent Hill 2? They just made it a "Greatest Hits" for PS2. I wonder if it's worth the 20 bucks.

OP
OP
mdamien13

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Re: Re: For the video game players out there

Originally posted by Chaplin
I know this is kinda off topic, but how is Silent Hill 2? They just made it a "Greatest Hits" for PS2. I wonder if it's worth the 20 bucks.

And then some.

I bought the game the first day it was out and I've probably played it/beat it about ten times since. It has some of the most beautiful graphics, a haunting score worthy of any hollywood production, and a story that will throw you for a loop. Even better, part 3 is due out in August.

Quick note, the introduction of the game will involve quite a bit of running around (seemingly pointlessly) but once the game picks up it really picks up.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the magazine, so I read that as well. I was pretty excited to see Goldeneye and Mario 64 up there.

I'd need to read it again to see what else I noticed, but overall, pretty interesting.

Mike

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
I get the magazine, so I read that as well. I was pretty excited to see Goldeneye and Mario 64 up there.

Mike

Unfortunately, Entertainment Weekly is one of the worst entertainment magazines out there, so while I appreciate their "lists", I take them even less seriously than the AFI movie lists.

Grand Theft Auto III at #4? Huh????

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Unfortunately, Entertainment Weekly is one of the worst entertainment magazines out there, so while I appreciate their "lists", I take them even less seriously than the AFI movie lists.

Grand Theft Auto III at #4? Huh????

Ouch. One of the worst? I think they have good stuff, I admit, I don't read everything in it, but they have great articles on upcoming movies, with some nice personal touches, not your standard politically correct crap, and nice guides to TV the coming week, etc.

Mike

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Grand Theft Auto III is one of the greatest games ever! It is unlike any game ever produced, the 3D realism is just so cool! It is Zelda on steriods baby