Football Outsiders: Cards will be one of the most fun teams to watch in 2022

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The maturity stuff is so overblown, lol

Kyler's ability to move in the pocket when facing pressure is what needs to mature.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No thanks. I'm not sitting through another two years of immaturity. That's not acceptable, unless he's playing out those years on his rookie deal. He wants the money? He can get over his immaturity and be the leader and worker he needs to be.
This

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Was this article written before the Hop suspension??

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think this is the last possible season where youth is an excuse/contributing factor. He'll turn 25 this season.

Lack of college experience is no longer an excuse. He's been in pretty much any reasonable game situation in his first 46 pro starts. If he's getting paid $40 million a season, you're not a rookie anymore.
in the past I have made the "he is less experienced than other players his age/class" argument --

and i totally agree with this

id say the same for Kliff. He was a developmental HC hire when it was made. The development honeymoon is over ( it was mostly over last year anyway)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think this is the last possible season where youth is an excuse/contributing factor. He'll turn 25 this season.

Lack of college experience is no longer an excuse. He's been in pretty much any reasonable game situation in his first 46 pro starts. If he's getting paid $40 million a season, you're not a rookie anymore.
Personally I think he has to lose that excuse by mid season. 3 1/2 season as a starting QB in the pros is enough.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I guess what I am trying to say is that by his fifth year he should no longer be making mistakes due to youth but more still maturing in the aspects of coming into his own for the type of player he is... being more fluid so to speak, and not necessarily costing his team games but rather being exceptional at times on a somewhat consistent basis past just winning

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
in the past I have made the "he is less experienced than other players his age/class" argument --

and i totally agree with this

id say the same for Kliff. He was a developmental HC hire when it was made. The development honeymoon is over ( it was mostly over last year anyway)
I think it is very difficult to separate Kyler and Kliff much like any HC/OC and QB. I think you can argue that Kliff needs to rep more situational/2 min offense because that looks disjointed, but on the other hand, I know that 2 min is more on the QB than play caller.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kyler needs to take more ownership over the struggles of the offense. How do I adjust my game to what I have around me/the situation vs just doing his thing.

audibling
protections
red zone
2 min

When those things struggle he needs to recognize it is on him to manage and succeed.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think it is very difficult to separate Kyler and Kliff much like any HC/OC and QB. I think you can argue that Kliff needs to rep more situational/2 min offense because that looks disjointed, but on the other hand, I know that 2 min is more on the QB than play caller.
they were a package deal three years ago, and with KK and K1s (pending) extension -- they will be a package deal for at least two more years.

they now have had enough reps together in the NFL that "inexperience" isn't a factor anymore.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lou -“Lack of Maturity” is merely short-hand for “makes dumb decisions on the field at crunch time.”

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There is probably no bigger Kyler fan on this board than me. And I still believe that Kliff is a much, much bigger liability than Kyler. With that being said, it’s time time for Kyler to overcome Kliff. Kliff has cost us many games where he has thrown red flags on stupid plays only to not have that not available to him when the game was on the line (Colts game last year). Many before that. I’m 95% committed to Kyler & about 50% committed to Kliff. Interesting to see how this plays out, but Kyler has to overcome Kliff somehow somewa.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Kyler needs to take more ownership over the struggles of the offense. How do I adjust my game to what I have around me/the situation vs just doing his thing.

audibling
protections
red zone
2 min

When those things struggle he needs to recognize it is on him to manage and succeed.
Kurt Warner didn't directly point to these factors on his most recent appearance on Cowherd's show, but he said that he thinks the Cardinals want Murray to get better at making his teammates better.

Sounds like Warner was alluding to some of these factors. Warner was gushing about Murray saying he was among the best at throwing the football.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose