Flight Plan 6.0

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just watched it, one thing is blatantly obvious, Steve Keim wears the pants inside the Cardinals war room. Seems as if what he says goes? KK chimes in also on wanting players & Bidwill just listens & agrees more or less. With that being said, can't wait for highlights & stories of the mini camp this weekend. Rather touching to hear the kids emotions after getting drafted & the excitement of their families as well.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
isabella was definitely a Kingsbury s pick
keim mentioned couple of defensive lineman but kk wanted Isabella very much
the king-sbury got his queen Isabella
Easy to grant KK his wish though. 2 picks later we were on the clock again anyway and got Zach Allen, one of the 2 mentioned 1st round DL prospects. Seahawks picked after us and were in need of WR as well, while already drafting DL in the 1st. If Isabella was top 25 on our board, it was a no-brainer. KK or not.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I got out of it was the cards draft board is very very different than all the mocks. I mean Murphy was 5th on our board?

That just does not seem right, and kind of makes me doubt the cards scouting, well that and our poor draft results the last several years.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
What I got out of it was the cards draft board is very very different than all the mocks. I mean Murphy was 5th on our board?

That just does not seem right, and kind of makes me doubt the cards scouting, well that and our poor draft results the last several years.

The question is... If Murray, Bosa, QWill were 1-3 and Murphy #5, who was #4?

My guess is either Devin White or Ed Oliver. Don’t see anyone else besides possibly Hockenson or Hollywood Brown in Rd 1 that would have been ranked that high.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Mock drafts mean absolutely nothing when it comes to teams big boards. Just look at the Raiders & Giants picks in 1st rd. Does anyone think Cards got Ferell or Jones in Top 10 as well???

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
What evidence? You inside Keim’s pants???

How can anybody watch this and not think that Keim is in charge. It's obvious that Bidwill and KK are letting Keim call the shots.

Let’s start with the owner going over the GM’s head to hire a head coach and then letting a head coach with no NFL experience use the #1 pick to draft a kid he’s had a man crush on for six years and subsequently jettisoning the QBoF picked the year prior. Additionally, Bidwill is reported to be in charge of everything that pertains to Larry Fitzgerald.

These are moves that show the GM doesn’t have full control or final say over key responsibilities of his own job title.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s start with the owner going over the GM’s head to hire a head coach and then letting a head coach with no NFL experience use the #1 pick to draft a kid he’s had a man crush on for six years and subsequently jettisoning the QBoF picked the year prior. Additionally, Bidwill is reported to be in charge of everything that pertains to Larry Fitzgerald.

These are moves that show the GM doesn’t have full control or final say over key responsibilities of his own job title.

What I dont understand is saying matter of factly that Bidwill went over Keims head and picked the coach. Yet other people say matter of factly that Keim didnt want Wilks.

Everyone talks about this stuff in pure absolutes where by my eyes, it is all pure conjecture.

Keim has on record said he just sends fitz to bidwill to talk contract but that is different.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Murphy was high on a lot of boards, but every team builds team needs into their draft board.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Pure conjecture.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So is people claiming that Keim is in charge, but there are numerous examples that show Keim may not have the autonomy he needs to stake claim to personnel moves.

Like? You make this claim and back it up with nothing.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is people claiming that Keim is in charge, but there are numerous examples that show Keim may not have the autonomy he needs to stake claim to personnel moves.

I think people were commenting on the flight plan video and how it sure seemed that Keim clearly runs the show. Whereas all the bidwill picked this and that stuff does not seem to have a basis behind it besides assumption.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
isabella was definitely a Kingsbury s pick
keim mentioned couple of defensive lineman but kk wanted Isabella very much
the king-sbury got his queen Isabella

What people are missing was Isabella was going to be the pick if the Phins didn't trade down and he would of went in the original spot. They said they wanted to make the move for Isabella and than a trade down happened and they were all mad.

So when everyone was screaming AJ Brown, he would of been the pick. Cards are stacked with Free Agents and Rookies they love. I could see a big turn around as long as they stay healthy

Last edited:

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1. I liked how they stayed true to their board. No reaches or questionable picks.

2. Went with production over athletic ability/injury concern. i.e. Nkemdiche, DJ and B Williams

3. I liked how Allen was drafted with Keim saying “you will be drafted playing 3-4 DE since we play a 3-4”
No more changing the system for a pick but picking a fit for our system.
i.e. Reddick. When we drafted him the board was like is he a tweener DE or OLB only to be moved to ILB

4. Everyone seemed to be in an agreement. I was expecting Vance Joseph to be in the room though.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. I liked how they stayed true to their board. No reaches or questionable picks.

2. Went with production over athletic ability/injury concern. i.e. Nkemdiche, DJ and B Williams

3. I liked how Allen was drafted with Keim saying “you will be drafted playing 3-4 DE since we play a 3-4”
No more changing the system for a pick but picking a fit for our system.
i.e. Reddick. When we drafted him the board was like is he a tweener DE or OLB only to be moved to ILB

4. Everyone seemed to be in an agreement. I was expecting Vance Joseph to be in the room though.

Was a bit odd that he wasnt, eh?

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
DC Vance Joseph must be happy though. Went defense with 2 of our first 4 picks, despite having a new offensive minded HC. We got 2 defenders with a 1st round grade.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose