Fitz/Palmer spat?

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
On the NFL Network feed last night, coming out of the commercial before the drive where Wilson fumbled in the 2nd quarter, it appeared that Fitz was pretty animated with Palmer, who seemed to just turn away. The announcers didn't make mention of it, so I wasn't sure if I just misinterpreted it. Did anyone else see that? I only mention it because I've never seen Fitz get visually upset with another player on the sideline.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
On the NFL Network feed last night, coming out of the commercial before the drive where Wilson fumbled in the 2nd quarter, it appeared that Fitz was pretty animated with Palmer, who seemed to just turn away. The announcers didn't make mention of it, so I wasn't sure if I just misinterpreted it. Did anyone else see that? I only mention it because I've never seen Fitz get visually upset with another player on the sideline.
I DVR'd the game...I'll take a look.

I did notice Arians appeared basically asked Palmer, "WTF?" last night.

titan

i hate the farm
Reaction score
I saw it and it looked like Fitz was giving Palmer the "what the hell"! Fitz looked pissed off.. good for Fitz!

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it appeared that Fitz was pretty animated with Palmer, who seemed to just turn away.

That's what I saw. Larry looked really upset and Palmer looked like a guy who either didn't care or wasn't getting what Larry was so upset about.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
There are about 12 good QBs in the league. Clearly, we just can't find one and neither can most other teams. The thing to do is to build a massively dominant O-line and get a game manager like Alex Smith who doesn't throw the ball to the other team three times per game. Unfortunately, the first step in the direction of a good line broke his fibula in preseason. Things are going to get ugly this season. I think that you are going to see some meltdowns next week on the sideline and the D is going to quit.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The team is 3-4 with some very winnable games coming up. No one is going to quit yet.

Bottom line I know fans want to win every game we play but were not as good as SF or Seattle plain and simple

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to get upset with Palmer. The coaches are sure coddling him.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
If I had a magic wand, neither I these contracts would be ours. But I course since our GM system is moronic, say it with me now, moronic, we are stuck with both of them. We should just give money to unicorns and cross our fingers, same difference.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I had a magic wand, neither I these contracts would be ours. But I course since our GM system is moronic, say it with me now, moronic, we are stuck with both of them. We should just give money to unicorns and cross our fingers, same difference.

Kiem didn't give Fitz 20 million a year and the Palmer move was the right move at the time now hindsight is 20/20 but that was a huge upgrade over our QBs last year

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There are about 12 good QBs in the league. Clearly, we just can't find one and neither can most other teams. The thing to do is to build a massively dominant O-line and get a game manager like Alex Smith who doesn't throw the ball to the other team three times per game. Unfortunately, the first step in the direction of a good line broke his fibula in preseason. Things are going to get ugly this season. I think that you are going to see some meltdowns next week on the sideline and the D is going to quit.

That's just not true. If by "good" you mean "able to lead your team to the playoffs," then you're wrong:

P. Manning, P. Rivers, B. Roethisberger, A. Dalton, J. Flacco, T. Brady, A. Luck, R. Wilson, C. Kaepernick, A. Rodgers, J. Cutler, M. Stafford, E. Manning, T. Romo, D. Brees, and M. Ryan. Half the league has teams that are easily described and "Franchise players".

And that's leaving out QBs who are complicated w/r/t playoff ability, or just aren't there yet, like Alex Smith, R. Griffin III, Ryan Tannehill, Cam Newton, Michael Vick, and Matt Schaub.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to get upset with Palmer. The coaches are sure coddling him.

I saw Arians on the sideline making hand gestures to Palmer. It appeared to be him holding his arms so far apart and then closing the hands closer together. Who knows but to me it seemed like he was saying you think you're throwing into a window this big, but it's really only this big.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Should a game (or the season) become completely out of reach, I hope BA will pull Carson aside ahead of time and give him the heads up that "we want to see how a mobile QB does, given our problems with the OL, so expect to be replaced by Stanton."

Because egos are fragile (especially at a position so critical to the team as QB ), the body language of the message should be: "It ain't you, Dude - we just want to see if a different QB style works better, considering the guys we've got."

I'm not positive the move to Stanton will work, but based on what I've seen from Palmer, I think we have to find out whether a QB with wheels will be more effective.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should a game (or the season) become completely out of reach, I hope BA will pull Carson aside ahead of time and give him the heads up that "we want to see how a mobile QB does, given our problems with the OL, so expect to be replaced by Stanton."

Because egos are fragile (especially at a position so critical to the team as QB ), the body language of the message should be: "It ain't you, Dude - we just want to see if a different QB style works better, considering the guys we've got."

I'm not positive the move to Stanton will work, but based on what I've seen from Palmer, I think we have to find out whether a QB with wheels will be more effective.

Are we really worried about the fragile ego of a QB that throws 2 INTs per game? We sure as hell shouldn't be.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Great

So our QB could be Drew Stanton and best offensive player would be Rob Housler.

Playoffs here we come

Sent from my intergalactic transmorgapher

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Fitz is too anti-Diva IMO

When youre paid like a QB, you should take control of the team like a QB.

If Fitz isnt getting targets, its on Fitz to get off his ass and demand targets. In fact its more disruptive to the team to lack leadership and direction. Fitz needs to establish that direction by saying "Me. We get down the field right now be cause you throw to me".

Or he could be quiet as a mouse and our offense can continue its 2 year free fall

Last edited:

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Fitz is too anti-Diva IMO

When youre paid like a QB, you should take control of the team like a QB.

If Fitz isnt getting targets, its on Fitz to get off his ass and demand targets. In fact its more disruptive to the team to lack leadership and direction. Fitz needs to establish that direction by saying "Me. We get down the field right now be cause you throw to me".

Or he could be quiet as a mouse and our offense can continue its 2 year free fall

Wouldn't that be the antithesis of being a team player? Which I thought Fitz always prided himself in being? Wouldn't that qualify as 'forcing the ball' to him, which might lead to INTs?

There was an article on AZCentral about how uncomfortable he is with all the receiver positions he's had to learn -- especially the slot (I think they quoted Kurt in that article).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose