Fitz coughing up blood per Fitz Sr.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Cardinals Pro Bowler Larry Fitzgerald suffered a Lung injury was spitting up blood on sidelines. Will have MRI MONDAY.

Fitz Sr. twitter

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz Sr. is just retweeting news from Cardschatter, which came up during the Cards post game.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What? Crap>>>

He did have his post game conference in a suit and "looked fine" according to the post game.

The fact that he stayed in and made all of those catches at the end of the game despite having likely a broken rib just shows how much these guys wanted to win this game.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sideline camera shot showed trainers peering inside Fitz's wide-open mouth after the hit. Logical conclusion when I saw it was that Fitz might have experienced a cut or broken molar inside his mouth.

I hope it wasn't anything more serious.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, heard on the postgame that Urban was reporting a lung injury.

Reaction score
I knew he was hurtin'! There were a couple or three balls that he normally would have caught that he didn't haul in.

Plus they kept checking him on the sideline...

Later in the game he gutted it out and made some incredible plays. Amazing day by Fitzgerald today!

27Veer

Veteran
Reaction score
He will deserve the Hall of Fame, he could stop playing now and make it. He seems to be looking forward to next year.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my mind this was Fitz's greatest game ever.

The man was hurt. He kept getting knocked down but kept getting back up.
He dove for one ball late in the game and came down hard on his stomach. He took himself out after that play and iI thought that was the last we would see Fitz for the rest of the game.
But after one play , there he was.

The man is unreal.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
It wasn't blood. It was oil

Fitz, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers are proof that Skynet exists and we're all doomed

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He took a lot of hard hits and kept coming back. I'm sure he will be fine with a restful offseason. He plays to win.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitz Sr. is now reporting on Twitter that Larry has a bruised lung but will be OK. He says the "mass", as he calls it, has shrunk in size from what it was yesterday.

Great news. My heart really sank when it was reported yesterday that Larry was couging up blood.

Last edited:

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
In my mind this was Fitz's greatest game ever.

The man was hurt. He kept getting knocked down but kept getting back up.
He dove for one ball late in the game and came down hard on his stomach. He took himself out after that play and iI thought that was the last we would see Fitz for the rest of the game.
But after one play , there he was.

The man is unreal.

Fitz had a great day. Unfortunately it didn't get the national media coverage it deserved because it was in a 'meaningless' game that had no post season implications.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitz had a great day. Unfortunately it didn't get the national media coverage it deserved because it was in a 'meaningless' game that had no post season implications.

Agreed. Really saw very little in the way of Cardinal highlights. The winning FG was about all I saw.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
As I watched the game to my wife, I commented that Fitz did not look right for alot of the game. He was slow to get up and was attended to on the sidelines. I though he was just dehydrated as all hell. He sure was sweating a ton.

If he had a lung injury, that makes his closing performance all that more spectacular.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard