Fisher released from Jazz to care for daughter

OP
OP
asudevil83

asudevil83

Reaction score
i am now convinced that the laker's franchise lacks a soul. flat out, they are cold as ice.

Fisher is released so that he can take care of his daughter.....and just hours later their is a report of the lakers looking at him as a FA.

Last edited:

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Yeah I was surprised to see a laker-fisher article so quickly.

If fisher is man enough to walk away from his contract, and utah is man enough to void it, why would any other team be pursuing a guy who just made a gentlemans agreement.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I don't see what is wrong with another team adding Fisher as long as it fits in with his plans - I was thinking more in terms of the Knicks or the Nets, but LA probably has the kind facilities he is looking for for his daughter. The league might step in and say the team has to give some compensation to the Jazz.

Actually, I believe if he doesn't get a new contract, the agreement between the NBA and the players union probably requires the Jazz to pay him - and I'm not sure the league can do anything about it unless the player's union consents.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I don't see what is wrong with another team adding Fisher after enough time has passed as long as it fits in with his plans - I was thinking more in terms of the Knicks or the Nets, but LA probably has the kind facilities he is looking for for his daughter. The league might step in and say the team has to give some compensation to the Jazz.

Actually, I believe if he doesn't get a new contract, the agreement between the NBA and the players union probably requires the Jazz to pay him - and I'm not sure the league can do anything about it unless the player's union consents.

Fixed

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, BNI has one is one of the best facilities in the country. He ought to consider it, regardless of basketball issues.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I guess I'm just not as sensitive as you two guys. Its not like Fisher has entered a period of mourning. The report just says the Lakers expressed an interest in Fisher - presumably that means just what it says and doesn't mean that they are hounding him to sign on the dotted line. Probably what happened is some SI reporter asked a Laker's exec if they were interested in him and he or she replied honestly.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One of the cities that my have the type of cancer center he's looking for is Cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jazz and Fisher have an informal agreement that he only sign with an Eastern Conference team (remember the Tim Thomas buyout?).