Detroit vs. Orlando 4-3
New Jersey vs. Milwaukee 3-4
Indiana vs. Boston 4-2
Philadelphia vs. New Orleans 4-2

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Read below, I have been predicting a Suns' first round upset for quite a while now. Even that Amare closes it out for us! How about calling that shot?! :D

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Western Conference

San Antonio vs. Phoenix 4-3
Sacramento vs. Utah 4-2
Dallas vs. Portland 4-1
Minnesota vs. L.A. Lakers 1-4

Eastern Conference

Detroit vs. Orlando 2-4
New Jersey vs. Milwaukee 3-4
Indiana vs. Boston 4-3
Philadelphia vs. New Orleans 4-2

I think Gregg Popovich will show us in the first round that he is a much better coach than Frank Johnson. I doubt the Spurs struggle on offense nearly as much as they did last Sunday. I also expect that we will be really griping about the officials during this series.

Dallas must be letting out a huge sigh of relief. IMO they did not stand a chance against the Lakers in the first round. In fact I would have picked the Lakers to win that matchup in 5 games. Instead they will face the Portland Trail Blazers who despite their record are the worst team to make the playoffs in the Western Conference.

You've got to feel for the Minnesota Timberwolves. They worked so hard to get home court advantage, and they are stuck facing the red hot Lakers in the first round. I'll be shocked if the Wolves win more than a game or two.

Does anybody really care what happens in the East? I mean I'll watch the games, but that conferences pitiful. I would love to see McGrady and the Magic go far.

Joe Mama

reedykat

Reaction score
Yuma, I too believe that we have the potential to progress to the second round. I just hope that we know that it is possible and that we are not satisfied with just making the playoffs. The fact that we are playing the Spurs is a blessing and it would be a sin if we do not go out and play hard with team chemistry like we began in April.

My concern is with Steph, he said that he had the off season to rest and yet he played the last two games very nonchalantly. He is a huge factor in our success. He will need his A+ game in the playoffs. He also needs to know that the time is now and that he is never guaranteed another shot.

The playoff experience that we will gain this post season will be beneficial to our growth next season.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Western Conference

San Antonio vs. Phoenix 4-1
Sacramento vs. Utah 4-1
Dallas vs. Portland 4-2
Minnesota vs. L.A. Lakers 2-4

Eastern Conference

Detroit vs. Orlando 4-2
New Jersey vs. Milwaukee 2-4
Indiana vs. Boston 4-1
Philadelphia vs. New Orleans 3-4

My pessimism regarding the Suns has been good luck for the team so far! But seriously, I think most games will be very close, with the Spurs just making a few more plays down the stretch.

I don't really think the Hornets are going to win their series, but New Orleans was my preseason pick to come out of the East, so I have to be consistent.

I would love to see the Nets lose in the first round. I'd almost rather see both the Suns and Nets lose than see them both win. Almost.

OP
OP
S

SUNSBG

Reaction score
I would love to see the Nets lose in the first round. I'd almost rather see both the Suns and Nets lose than see them both win. Almost.

I'm almost sure that if the Nets win in the first round they will face the Pacers in the second. I think the Pacers will have the edge and beat the Nets at least 4-1. In that case it will be better if both teams make it to the second and then end their run.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
In that case it will be better if both teams make it to the second and then end their run.

Good point, except that if the Suns get eliminated by the Lakers in the second round, we'll have to put up with a whole new round of smug gloating from the Laker trolls, oh pardon me, fans.

reedykat

Reaction score
except that if the Suns get eliminated by the Lakers in the second round, we'll have to put up with a whole new round of smug gloating from the Laker trolls, oh pardon me, fans. :mad: Ain't that the truth, but it will be worth it. This team will flourish next season with that kind of experience.

se7en

Go SUNS Go
Reaction score
There is some entertainment value in the East. I don't mind cheering for old Suns players like Manning and Cliffy in Detroit. Delk in Boston. I want to cheer for Rogers... But that would require seeing Kidd win. And I'd rather see him lose in the first round.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Western Conference

San Antonio vs. Phoenix 3-4
Sacramento vs. Utah 4-2
Dallas vs. Portland 3-4
Minnesota vs. L.A. Lakers 1-4

Eastern Conference

Detroit vs. Orlando 3-4
New Jersey vs. Milwaukee 4-1
Indiana vs. Boston 4-2
Philadelphia vs. New Orleans 2-4

I see us winning game 7 with a come-from-behind victory by playing our new big version of small ball (Marbury, Penny, JJ, Marion, Stoudemire) and Marbury hitting the game winning shot by driving past Parker and hitting the tear drop over Duncan.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
My $.02

Western Conference

San Antonio vs. Phoenix 3-4
Sacramento vs. Utah 4-1
Dallas vs. Portland 4-2
Minnesota vs. L.A. Lakers 4-3

Eastern Conference

Detroit vs. Orlando 2-4
New Jersey vs. Milwaukee 4-3
Indiana vs. Boston 4-2
Philadelphia vs. New Orleans 4-3

We will win in the first round. Lakers don't make it Min stays true to their ranking and nock LA OUT!

East
is there still an East?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson