Feelin good bout the Lakers. You too?

Hayduke

Registered
Reaction score
1. Ron Artest. Nuff said?
2. Bynums bad knee/injury prone. Beat him up a lil?
3. We're deeper! More consistent.
4. We have a much more cohesive unit. We want it! Hill, Nash, Amare, Jrich, all WANT THIS! Then our bench can"t help from being inspired and having the belief instilled in them. We're like the 03/04 Pistons! They are like the 08 celtics.
5. Dudley>Lakers bench.

Amiright?

had to use onscreen keyboard. :( qwerty+shift are dead. short post.

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
I don't like being over confident (like spurs fans were) I don't like jynxing and I don't like being cocky until its said and done..

All I'm going to say is that the lakers are always having to barley eek out wins, like literally down to the wire. Suns aren't like that. If the game comes down to the lakers last shot~we lose. Put it that way. They will not blow us out though, thats for sure.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1. Ron Artest. Nuff said?
2. Bynums bad knee/injury prone. Beat him up a lil?
3. We're deeper! More consistent.
4. We have a much more cohesive unit. We want it! Hill, Nash, Amare, Jrich, all WANT THIS! Then our bench can"t help from being inspired and having the belief instilled in them. We're like the 03/04 Pistons! They are like the 08 celtics.
5. Dudley>Lakers bench.

Amiright?

had to use onscreen keyboard. :( qwerty+shift are dead. short post.

Didn't the 08 Celtics win the title?

Toothbrush

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I'm feeling good. I bet a dude at work $50 on the series. Gunna use the cash to buy a jersey to wear for the finals.

cly2tw

Reaction score
In recent losses to them, Lakers have beaten us by Fisher/Farmar hitting 3s and Bynum, Gasol and Artest abusing us, while Kobe is Kobe. I believe our defense has improved tremendously, particularly with Nash and Amare at their positions. Dud, Hill, and Rich are extremely confident with their assignments. So, we will win this series, not as dominant as we did the Spurs, but win nevertheless. Go Suns!

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe. They are going to meet a different kind of animal, i hope Lou brings it like he did in the video below. I can wait. Its gonna be good.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In recent losses to them, Lakers have beaten us by Fisher/Farmar hitting 3s and Bynum, Gasol and Artest abusing us, while Kobe is Kobe. I believe our defense has improved tremendously, particularly with Nash and Amare at their positions. Dud, Hill, and Rich are extremely confident with their assignments. So, we will win this series, not as dominant as we did the Spurs, but win nevertheless. Go Suns!
IMO instead of playing coaching games with Phil Jackson and chasing the LA guards around the SUNS will just come out & approach this series like just another talented team in their way of the ultimate goal.

They'll throw alot of Grant Hill and Dudley @ Kobe and hope that JRich can light it up over athletically inferior players like Fischer & Farmar.....when he's not being harassed by Artest.

Nash will have to score some points in this series IMO.....in addition to being the veteran leader and Mr Dimes. Amare will have to score also(no 7 pt games here plz).....and he'll have to play (cough)smart & get back to crashing the boards like he did earlier in the SPURS series.

I dont see any scenario in game 1 in which Phil Jackson doesn't put Artest on JRich and ask him to completely shut him down.

Once again the offensive X-factor for us is JRich and the X-factor for the Lakers is.................?
Artest? Odum?

Last edited:

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In comparison with the Spurs:

McDyess/Bonner < Bynum
Duncan = Gasol
Jefferson < Artest
Manu < Kobe
Hill/Parker > Fisher

The Suns could win but I think they need to dominate in three point shooting (be 5-10% better than the Lakers), Nash and Hill must play at their best, and the bench must match what they did in the Spurs series.

Probably Lakers in 6 (which would be hard to feel that horrible about). If Rolo can come back and give them ~10-15 solid minutes per game, they have decent shot to win in 6/7.

Reaction score
the key in mind

Is to get on the defensive boards and limit the Lakers offensive boards. Against the Spurs the Suns proved they could win even when an opponent shoots a good percentage. They did this by limiting them to contested attempt and limiting second shots. What could kill us is the volleyball tip parties Gasol and Bynum get on the glass. If there is a series that we need all 5 guys to rebound on the defensive end it is this one.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I dont know...all I know is I designed a special signature for this series. ENJOY

Attachments

• LAKERSSUCK SIG.jpg
    LAKERSSUCK SIG.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 11,158

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
In comparison with the Spurs:

McDyess/Bonner < Bynum
Duncan = Gasol
Jefferson < Artest
Manu < Kobe
Hill/Parker > Fisher

The Suns could win but I think they need to dominate in three point shooting (be 5-10% better than the Lakers), Nash and Hill must play at their best, and the bench must match what they did in the Spurs series.

Probably Lakers in 6 (which would be hard to feel that horrible about). If Rolo can come back and give them ~10-15 solid minutes per game, they have decent shot to win in 6/7.

IMO, it will not be so much about the Suns starters matching up with the Lakers starters. This series will likely be determined by the Suns bench. Frequently the Suns bench have carried the starters for long periods of time. The Suns bench is no fluke.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I thought the San Antonio series was going to be a tough one (and it somewhat was despite being a sweep, all four games were decided in the fourth quarter) so I may not know what I'm talking about here but this series is going to be a grind. The Lakers' size is obviously going to be the biggest problem.

chickenhead

Reaction score
One great thing about the sweep is that the Suns will be coming off two road victories. I would have been thrilled with a split in San Antonio and the clincher at home, of course, but this is good conditioning for opening the next series (presumably) in Los Angeles.

Early game officiating will be a factor. It'll be trouble if Artest is allowed to go Bowen on the Suns because of the home crowd and Lakers jersey, it could spell trouble. I normally don't complain much about officiating and am certainly not setting up a future excuse or complaint--I just think it could be influential. By the same token, if the Lakers don't get those calls they could end up in foul trouble and really open up space for the Suns.

OP
OP
Hayduke

Hayduke

Registered
Reaction score
The Suns play as one entity that thinks and acts together. The Lakers are more of a grouping of stars. Isn't that what team sports come down too in the end. Besides bad calls...ect. We get lopez, suns in 7.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I'm not even thinking about Lopez. I agree on the calls and their size but we did the same thing versus the Blazers (size) and somewhat against the Spurs (calls) so we can do this!

Go Suns!

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Lakers up 17 in 2Q. Too dang bad the Jazz couldn't prolong the series a bit. You gotta think that the minutes the Lakers starters put up, a longer series could take its toll. But looks like they'll be nice and rested up come Sunday...

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like Boozer already packed his bag and is ready to leave Utah.
This is one guy I don't want to see in a Suns uniform.:mad:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn