Fargo Season 5

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The first two episodes dropped this week on FX/Hulu. Jon Hamm and Jennifer Jason Leigh star in the fifth season of the series.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have the season recording on DVR (so that I can fast-forward through all the FX commercials). I saw and liked the first episode and have the second one ready to watch. Juno Temple is an interesting and versatile actress.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real nice return to form this season after lackluster and listless Seasons 3 and 4.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I haven't watched any of the previous seasons. Started this one and we're thoroughly enjoying it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. After the last 2 seasons I had been holding off on it until a saw someone say something like this.
it's pretty good. a little more heavy-handed with some of the Coen Bros references, but Juno Temple, Jennifer Jason Leigh and especially Hamm are giving great performances.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
it's pretty good. a little more heavy-handed with some of the Coen Bros references, but Juno Temple, Jennifer Jason Leigh and especially Hamm are giving great performances.
I've watched the first 2 episodes now and it's so much better than the last couple seasons. It has that nice Coen brothers quirkiness to it and the story is unfolding nicely so far. Keeley's actions (Juno is always going to be Keeley to me now ;)) are starting to make sense and come together after looking more like shell shock in e1.

My only complaint is that it's trying a little too hard to be the movie. I think this fits with the heavy-handed comment. Hopefully that settles down a little bit. This season is feeling more like a S1 than a S5 due to it. That's had me wondering if they did a bit of a hard reset on the show and this is basically S1 of the show's 2nd act.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've watched the first 2 episodes now and it's so much better than the last couple seasons. It has that nice Coen brothers quirkiness to it and the story is unfolding nicely so far. Keeley's actions (Juno is always going to be Keeley to me now ;)) are starting to make sense and come together after looking more like shell shock in e1.

My only complaint is that it's trying a little too hard to be the movie. I think this fits with the heavy-handed comment. Hopefully that settles down a little bit. This season is feeling more like a S1 than a S5 due to it. That's had me wondering if they did a bit of a hard reset on the show and this is basically S1 of the show's 2nd act.
I think the allusions to all the Coen Bros movies is a little more heavy handed than previous seasons, but don’t worry. Story’s goes somewhere else entirely.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This has been a really good season. That last episode was a bit rough to watch though.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Yeah there was a lot that happened...do you mean the content specifically was "rough"?
yeah, probably bad choice of words since it's a little bit of a pun and I didn't mean it that way. Just that it was hard to watch. Mainly that one scene in the shed hit me a bit.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
yeah, probably bad choice of words since it's a little bit of a pun and I didn't mean it that way. Just that it was hard to watch. Mainly that one scene in the shed hit me a bit.

I hear ya. That was a jaw on the floor scene for me. That was a real tough watch.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
5 minutes into the new episode and this is a certain political parties wet dream.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The YMCA needle-drop just as Hamm’s cavalry of merry-men showed up was one of the funniest/most savage jokes ever.

And son of bitch… ending on Whipping Post. Damnit… I’ve always wanted to end something I’ve written with a Whipping Post needle-drop and Hawley killed that dream! Oh well, at least it was used perfectly.

Last edited:

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The YMCA needle-drop just as Hamm’s cavalry of merry-men showed up was one of the funniest/most savage jokes ever.

And son of bitch… ending on Whipping Post. Damnit… I’ve always wanted to end something I’ve written with a Whipping Post needle-drop and Hawley killed that dream! Oh well, at least it was used perfectly.

That was a damn good episode.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson