Even if coaching firings & players got traded, would anything change if Keim stays?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see all this back & forth bickering between Kliff’s fault & being Kyler’s fault, but hypothetically speaking, if Kliff would to get fired & Kyler got traded in the off-season, would anything change with the GM still in charge?

This is almost 2018 again. What’s the common denominator between that year & this year? The GM.

The drafts are still horrible.

The FA signings are still horrible.

You can hate Kliff & Kyler with every fiber of your being, but nothing is gonna change with this franchise even if they weren’t Cardinals tomorrow.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would show me the owner cares to fire Kliff. You can't just accept mediocrity at the HC because it's the path of least resistance for the owner

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He might get lucky. A drunken louse hits a bullseye once every blue moon.

That’s our only hope because Keim ain’t going nowhere and we all know it.
He already used his good-luck charm on Arians & it’s funny cause was aiming for Mike McCoy as his main target before Chargers signed him.

He ain’t getting lucky again.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No, this franchise is flawed top to bottom. It starts with Michael Bidwill, and you have to wonder if his personal friendship with Keim impacts his decision making. Because Keim is awful.

Kliff doesn't have the necessary experience. The team is unprepared every single game. Undisciplined every single game. I said in the game thread, it's almost like they never practice and the only time they see each other all week is on game day. That's bad coaching.

Kyler has also regressed, but with a poorly constructed team with injuries and no depth I think it's understandable to some extent. Especially with the lack of leadership and experience on this team across the board.

This franchise has burned through better talent than Kyler Murray with nothing to show for it, he's not the problem.

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No doubt that we could get rid of KK, SK and KM only to have them succeed elsewhere.

Doesn’t matter. They won’t flourish here or now. It will take a wide big-assed broom to rid the team of its sloppy play, “bad luck” and other earmarks of a losing team.

Cut our losses, start fresh and build a solid football team brick by brick. It may take a few seasons, but you gotta start fresh and take your lumps sooner not later.

Watching this football team chronically shoot itself in the proverbial foot is a an intolerable form of extreme masochism.

Kill the culture and start anew.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh if Michael Bidwill would clean house, throw the bank at Sean Payton & give him the reins to hire his own GM...........? but like I've said in other threads, Sean Payton is too smart to work for this franchise imo. Keim is buddies with Bidwill & that means he ain't going anywhere. Bidwill will believe whatever new scatter brained ideas Keim comes up with to fix this team & buy all in. The only thing that will cause him to totally clean house possibly would be the fans not showing up, then maybe I guess but i still highly doubt it. Keim would come up with a new vision & sell him on it. We suck & will continue to suck with Keim in charge of the personnel. I hate to say it cause I've loved this team since 1976 & always will but this team is sad & depressing to watch.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
No doubt that we could get rid of KK, SK and KM only to have them succeed elsewhere.
Keim has a laundry list of personal issues that stem from the fact that he’s a drunk which will prevent him from ever being successful. And Kingsbury has never been successful in his entire coaching career and we have a decade of evidence now. Neither of these guys would be hired for any sort of relatively important position in the football world if let go here.

Kyler maybe you can make this argument but with each passing week he’s looking more and more like he’s broken.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bidwill needs to sell. It truly starts there.

This is where it should start but the Suns proved they could win with the right GM (James Jones) under owner Robert Sarver.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
No. Keim should have been gone 2 years ago and if Bidwill doesn’t have the guts to fire his friend, then he should sell the team. The 5 year extensions that he gave out like candy were incompetent

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's not only the concept of Keim being retained, but Adrian Wilson or Quentin Harris inheriting the front office. Maybe Adrian or Quentin succeed with another franchise, but as I've often said, we haven't had an outside hire to run the front office since Bob Ferguson in 1994. Literally, our entire front office has all come from that hire. That's before Mike ran the franchise. It has to end.

I've barely been alive longer than we've had a true front office change.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bidwill is not going to sell the team. We are stuck with him as owner. However, I hope he comes to his senses and gets rid ov both Keim and KK. We will be lucky to win 6 games this year. We are that bad.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love how Cody Ford was awful in Buffalo & Keim still wasted draft capital on him.

I love how Robbie Anderson was awful in Carolina & Keim still wasted draft capital on him.

I love how Trayvon Mullen was super injury prone in Vegas & Keim still traded draft capital for him.

Swear the idiot lives in his own bubble & doesn’t watch any part of the NFL.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Of course not. This is Keim’s second big-boy (no BA whispering in his ear) reset and he’s mucked it up again.

It’s going to be hilarious that Keim will get to choose a fourth head coach.
No coach worth something will even give a interview with this franchise. More true if Keim stays. Also, the prime reason why Kliff was hired.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He might get lucky. A drunken louse hits a bullseye once every blue moon.

That’s our only hope because Keim ain’t going nowhere and we all know it.
If they fire Kliff, I do not know how one can keep the guy who is part of all the coaches that are being hired and fired, but as we know this is the Cardinals so throw the cold logic of doing what one has to do without caring about friendships if the goal is winning. The problem with Keim and a franchise wanting to work at the basic level of cap restraints is that with your QB having that mega contract, Keim has to get lucky more than once in these drafts and I do not see that happening

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The dynamic needs to be 100-percent changed, and we need to get lucky with our new FO people. Incremental change probably won’t be enough.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Keims draft picks are actually turning out to be pretty good recently.

But that coach and his staff has to go. no more horizontal plays to wideouts.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My excitement for this season was very tempered, and, it is coming to fruition that I shouldnt be exited. It's hard to say though. Last season 5 games in, it was awesome. Strange how far the apple has fallen at this point. If they blew the entire thing up, GM, HC and all, I would probably be more interested. Without that, they just need to start winning.

The D is decent, really. Better than expected. The offense is.....offensive. Under an offensive program with an offensive coach. all puns are unintended and then intentionally left.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Absolutely.

Good coaching can make even bad players perform better.

Keim is not very good, but it's not like we don't have a team that despite poor coaching is at least keeping games close.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison