ESPN writers says the Diamondbacks are "lucky"

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I thought his assesment was fair. You are NOt supposed to get what we are getting from 7, that's SEVEN rookies on the team!! Hey, you have to have luck to get to the World Series, let alone win the thing.

I have been wondering about the upcoming trade deadline. Schilling has been rumored to be traded, however, I wonder if we don't trade "lesser" players like a Tony Womack. Arguably a Junior Spivey would bring a decent trade, but for what? Pitching? We will have to send someone down as it is. Hitters? Everyone we get from free agancy seems to come up lame, and the rookies are doing well so far. I know Collangelo would love to shed some of the big salaries, but some of the guys we have as vets have done so poorly this season, I don't know how he could trade them. I hope we keep the rookies. Some of the fielding plays Kata has made have been amazing. Counsell is getting older, and so is Womack. I wouldn't mind seeing next season a few of these guys slide into their roles. :thumbup:

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This from Peter Gammons.

And on the heels of the White Sox trades, the Dodgers and Diamondbacks have let it be known they're interested in Juan Gonzalez. "If the Rangers will pay Juan's contract the way they were in the Montreal deal," says one D-Backs official, "we'd be interested and give them two decent prospects."