ESPN: The Cardinals workplace culture

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
im just curious... if Mike is that damned bad...why hasnt someone just punched him in the mouth a few times?
By my experience it does wonders for peoples attitudes.

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score
Those of us whom deal with this every day (and I'm sure there are more than a few) hope that things will change but savvy leaders are often able to avoid getting pinned with egregious behavior (so they have zero incentive to change). Long laundry list: correct and even admirable policies are published while the leaders appear to behave in a contrary fashion, publicly demeaning and marginalizing people breeds the fear of reprisal (and people stop trusting one another), micro-managing culls creativity and continuous process improvement out of an organization, unqualified boot lickers are given preferable treatment, and so on and so forth.

Nothing in these articles is "shocking" to me..... As a survivor of a really bad boss - sometimes self-reflection is required - if you are trapped (age/responsibilities/tenure), the way forward may be to treat your work as a job, rather than a passion. You won't be as effective and you won't be as happy but you can survive.

I get it that the noble thing to do is to rise up, but sometimes you can also "salute and carry on." Eventually, you retire, things change, or your bad boss moves on (dies, sells the business, etc.).

For those who have good bosses - tell them they are doing great!!!!! As a senior leader in my organization I recently had a "change of command" and the positive affirmation I got from my team strengthened my resolve to keep doing my thing.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m sure most CEO’s of companies worth billions shoot rainbow cannons on everything they touch (sarcasm).

Hopefully the frequent embarrassment of reposting this article with a different heading every month or two is a wake up call for mike though (and sounds like it has). Either he changes his attitude / professionalism or better yet …withdraws like most owners do to let better people handle the business (people who are well compensated with a healthy liver that can deal with his BS without an espn article/lawsuit every month)

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didn’t know he was living the DiCaprio life. Just figured wife and kids.

I guess the franchise won’t be handed to the next generation.
Plenty of younger Bidwill's in town to pass it off to.

The one I grew up with claimed he would sell the team and bring an MLS franchise to town. Not sure his family would be on board, and we were very young when he said that.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Plenty of younger Bidwill's in town to pass it off to.

The one I grew up with claimed he would sell the team and bring an MLS franchise to town. Not sure his family would be on board, and we were very young when he said that.
It's interesting. Ideally you'd have ownership's hands out of the situation altogether. I don't really care whether Michael Bidwill is prickly in his personal life or whatever.

I'm sure the Arizona Cardinals have a board or the Bidwill family has a committee (this isn't unusual for ultra-wealthy families). It's not posted on the Cards website. There don't seem to be any Bidwills in the day-to-day football operations the way that Jonathan Kraft is clearly second in command in New England or how three Joneses fill out the "Executives" page of the Dallas Cowboys website.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill Jr was a VP - I had to wayback to 2013 to see that (I could have sworn there was a third Bidwill one year - maybe a spouse?)

Speaking of Bill Jr - he seems to be doing great...

Wow...

Former Arizona Cardinals executive Bill Bidwill Jr. was covered in blood after being hit “a hundred times” by his wife, which included being struck in the head by a glass of beer, during a June 9 domestic dispute, according to police video obtained by TMZ Sports.

Bidwill Jr.’s face was bloody when cops arrived outside his home in Paradise Valley, Ariz., where he said his wife Nicole was unhappy about a carpet installation.

“She was very upset at me,” Bidwill Jr. told cops, according to TMZ Sports.

“I’m sitting on the couch, and she’s screaming at me. And I was trying to not escalate because she has a very bad temper.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep, all of that has been covered here. Sad situation for all involved, except Nicole.

The reality is that Michael will run this team for the next 20 years. If it is to be passed on to the younger generation, look for Bucky or one of the sisters to start getting involved in about a decade.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bill Jr was a VP - I had to wayback to 2013 to see that (I could have sworn there was a third Bidwill one year - maybe a spouse?)

Speaking of Bill Jr - he seems to be doing great...

She seems nice.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mad Jack the Banner Guy here…remember me? Yeah, I bailed out this year after 30 seasons and 194 banners.

I submitted 11 reasons for jumping off but seems I missed the big one - Michael Bidwill!
Watch it. His sister in law will beat the living ***** out of you. LOL

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard