ESPN Pre-draft Power Rankings

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well ESPN just put out it's pre-draft Power Rankings. Of course these don't really matter, but I always like to see what others are thinking just for the hell of it. They also have a few words about the Cards and you guessed it Kolb.

They have us at #21

They actually have it split into two different successive post on NFL nation so I'll link to both.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56075/nfl-power-rankings-how-they-voted-16

Agree to disagree: Ten spots separated high and low votes for the Cardinals. Panelist James Walker ranked them only 27th, 10 spots lower than Paul Kuharsky and Ashley Fox ranked them.

"I think the Cardinals are stuck in the mud with Kevin Kolb," Walker said. "He's not a franchise quarterback, and the Cardinals can only go as far as Kolb takes them. Arizona has to live with that mistake for at least another year or two."

Also the main descriptor next to our 'ranking'.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56065/espn-coms-nfl-pre-draft-power-rankings

Cardinals still hoping to win their bet on Kevin Kolb, but John Skelton will compete for the starting job. (Sando)

Needless to say the muppet media has questions about Kolb. But overall it seems like otherwise we're seen as close to 'average'.

The Manning effect has the Broncos 8th.

49ers are 4th

The rest of the NFC West has Seahags at #22 just behind us, Rams at #29

4th and Niners:
All 11 defensive starters return from last season, with Aldon Smith expected to crack the lineup after 14-sack rookie season. (Sando)

Seahags:
Matt Flynn's acquisition in free agency gives the Seahawks fresh hope at quarterback for the first time in years. (Sando)

Lambs:
Jeff Fisher, Dave McGinnis and Chuck Cecil fill the void left by defensive coordinator Gregg Williams' indefinite suspension. (Sando)

Well there are your overall useless, but interesting Power Rankings of what the muppet media's consensus is for the Cardinals and every team.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
what did they do copy and paste the draft order and then reverse?

yawn...

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
All 11 defensive starters return from last season, with Aldon Smith expected to crack the lineup after 14-sack rookie season. (Sando)

I believe the Cards have 10 of 11 and I'm thinking the guy who was out last season, Greg Toler, will be as good or better than the guy who left, Marshall.

It could be 9 or 8 of 11 but if it is it means Schofield has moved up and Bradley has started playing well enough to supplant Lenon. Win-win situations for Arizona.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
On the other hand the Cards could also have 9 or 10 of 11 starters back on Offense. :eek:

But then: the longer they stay the better they play.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The best quote was on the Browns at #30...The Browns can't run, throw, or catch on offense, but other than that they are in good shape. :D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The best quote was on the Browns at #30...The Browns can't run, throw, or catch on offense, but other than that they are in good shape. :D

Are they the same Browns the Cards had to go to overtime to beat? At home?

The more I read about how bad other teams are the less I like what I see in Arizona. Basically the same roster as last season. Sure they finished 7-2 but that wasn't exactly against the premier teams in the league and they had to go to overtime to win 4 of those. The only team that finished the season with a winning record was the 49ers and the Cards played 4 of the last 5 at home. The only road game Arizona played in that 5 game stretch they lost.

I wish you guys and gals would quit bashing other teams. It's making me want to :beer: And that could be dangerous on Friday with the wife out of town.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
what did they do copy and paste the draft order and then reverse?

yawn...

Agree. I saw it this morning and felt the same. While the Giants are the defending champs, I don't think they will be the best team in the NFL. Top 5? Maybe. I also don't see the 49ers winning 13 games again, even with all of their returning players, but most likely will win the division again as long as their red zone offense improves.

The current Cardinals' ranking @ 21 is about where I'd put them for the time being. As one of the analysts stated, the team will only go as far as its QB takes them.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Agree. I saw it this morning and felt the same. While the Giants are the defending champs, I don't think they will be the best team in the NFL. Top 5? Maybe. I also don't see the 49ers winning 13 games again, even with all of their returning players, but most likely will win the division again as long as their red zone offense improves.

The current Cardinals' ranking @ 21 is about where I'd put them for the time being. As one of the analysts stated, the team will only go as far as its QB takes them.

The Giants were 9-7 last season. We get the call and we're 9-7, and they probably miss the playoffs at 8-8. To me they're not one of the best teams in the NFL during the regular season. They were 10-6 when they won the SB the last time. They just seem to know how to win playoff games.

Oddly enough when they had their best regular season records 12-4 in 2008 and 11-5 in 2005 they went one and done in the playoffs.