Erickson Hiding ASU Star’s Locker Room Assault

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a big, powerful guy, so I agree, you would have to be pretty crazy to assault him. At least we have some tough receivers I suppose. No one ever said football was a gentle sport, and his position requires him to be aggressive. Certainly some of his decisions are questionable, but I wouldn't go as far to label him as a 'loose cannon' or anything of that nature. When he's taken as the 1st LB in the draft, his aggression will work in his favor at the next level.

I'm sorry, I'm as big a Sun Devil homer as there is but this guy is the definition of "loose cannon". He was like that in high school too. He may be a great guy in real life but he exhibits very little control on the field. I give no credibility to this particular story but he needs to (continue to try to) tone down the bonehead decisions on the field.

Steve

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
I am surprised nobody bit on Brooks new info about Burfict. Did everybody realize he is a jackass?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
"The only thing anyone can prove is that this guy is an sensational athlete!" lol

Who knows about all this stuff. I played football (badly) in HS and guys were fighting in the locker room on several occasions. This incident itself really isn't htat big of a deal. Football is a violent sport and tempers flare. However it's the big picture I'm worried about with Vontaze

What is totally obvious to everyone is that Burfict has gained a reputation as a hot head and he reacts with violence. Teams absolutely know it and they go at him every chance they get. I saw it over and over again last year.

Burfict needs to take some anger management classes or something because I know it's hard to not react when someone is intentionally trying to get you to, but he just has to be smarter than that for his team and for himself. You want your defenders to have an edge, you just dont want them to live halfway off it.

You cant always react with violence Vontaze. Macho man laws say different but sometimes you just gotta WALK AWAY.

I knew a guy just like this in college. Nicest guy in the world until his temper flared and then he would just lose it. On anyone too, I mean you really had to watch this guy because once his fuse got lit, it was all over.

Last edited:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You cant always react with violence Vontaze. Macho man laws say different but sometimes you just gotta WALK AWAY.

There used to be old video around here at the station (until they moved our archives off site) of former ASU defensive coordinator Al Luginbill pulling players apart. He screamed at them something like, "You beat each other up before the whistle like men, not after the whistle like p******!"