Eric Bledsoe Rocks

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
may the haters shut up forever

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bledsoe organized full team workouts including trainers in San Diego and apparently paid for the young guys.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's great. I really like the positive environment being created these days. Watson has been key, but I noticed Bledsoe was ahead of the curve last offseason too. I think he's really grown as a leader.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love it. I like seeing Bledsoe become the vet willing to lead the kids.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
may the haters shut up forever

Bledsoe organized full team workouts including trainers in San Diego and apparently paid for the young guys.
What are you talking about when you say haters? People hate the fact that he can't stay healthy, no one hates his talent. It's nice that he's stepping up his leadership.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bledsoe has always had his detractors. It doesn't mean that what they say isn't valid, which is why I don't like the term "hater".

He has been doing all the right things this off season. I am excited for him to be apart of our future.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought Tyson Chandler was doing this or something similar in California. Anyway, the more contributors the better.

A side note, I couldn't get the links to work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Nobody hates Bledsoe, they hate his knees.

Oh please there are a lot of irrational haters out there, particularly Dragic fanboys, who will jump on every little opening Bledsoe may give them.

Lets just think back to the contract talks and the poison spread about Bledsoe here eventhough Bledsoe never said anything bad or did anything bad.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Looks like Len, Chandler, Tucker, Leuer, Teletovic, Jenkins and Tucker did not participate.
Not surprising about Leuer and Teletovic. I'm sure there agents told them it would be stupid to jeopardize their free agency like that. I'm not even sure if NBA rules allow it, if it was a team-sanctioned activity.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh please there are a lot of irrational haters out there, particularly Dragic fanboys, who will jump on every little opening Bledsoe may give them.

Lets just think back to the contract talks and the poison spread about Bledsoe here eventhough Bledsoe never said anything bad or did anything bad.

The biggest complaint I see here is about his health. There have been other conversations about him being a legit franchise player etc. but by far the biggest complaint as been his durability. I don't consider that "hating". :shrug:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The biggest complaint I see here is about his health. There have been other conversations about him being a legit franchise player etc. but by far the biggest complaint as been his durability. I don't consider that "hating". :shrug:
Yea if he was actually reliable to stay healthy and play, that'd be good. But nobody trusts him or his knees to actually do that, it's basically an imminent injury with him every season.

If he can stay healthy and play throughout the year, then yes this stuff will come in handy for team building. The NBA is a tough league and for the kids like Bender, Booker, Chriss and Ulis, they need that family bond to help them through tough times in the league.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guilty of having over-rated Bledsoe, or at least, guilty of having overstated his potential but this forum had a lot of Bledsoe bashing that had nothing to do with his injury. How quickly people forget, I guess.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Constant: high number of missed games, lacking effort on d

Improved: shooting, drive and dish, leadership

People who criticised him two years ago were right at the time. He has improved some parts of his game so he's getting less critique on those areas now. He's still injury prone and not the defensive stopper we thought he was when he came to Phoenix.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I just see a difference between criticizing a player and bashing him. We bashed Beasley. We bashed Lopez. We bashed Morris.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I just see a difference between criticizing a player and bashing him. We bashed Beasley. We bashed Lopez. We bashed Morris.

And we bashed Bledsoe. Much more than Lopez, less than Beasley and much less than Morris but we definitely bashed him. Much of it had to do with him not being the board favorite, Goran Dragic.

If Bledsoe didn't smile, it meant he hated Phoenix. If he turned the ball over, that was why we lost. It didn't matter that he scored 28 points, had 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals and 2 blocks. That turnover was all that mattered (or, those 6 turnovers were all that mattered). But no one cared that Goran missed half his throws in the final two minutes.

I'm not saying that there wasn't cause for some bashing and I'm not saying every criticism was "bashing" but it's a rewrite of history to say that all we cared about was his injury. This board routinely excused Goran's shortcomings while magnifying Eric's flaws.

And yes, there's a huge difference between criticizing a player and bashing him. We bashed Bledsoe.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And we bashed Bledsoe. Much more than Lopez, less than Beasley and much less than Morris but we definitely bashed him. Much of it had to do with him not being the board favorite, Goran Dragic.

If Bledsoe didn't smile, it meant he hated Phoenix. If he turned the ball over, that was why we lost. It didn't matter that he scored 28 points, had 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals and 2 blocks. That turnover was all that mattered (or, those 6 turnovers were all that mattered). But no one cared that Goran missed half his throws in the final two minutes.

I'm not saying that there wasn't cause for some bashing and I'm not saying every criticism was "bashing" but it's a rewrite of history to say that all we cared about was his injury. This board routinely excused Goran's shortcomings while magnifying Eric's flaws.

And yes, there's a huge difference between criticizing a player and bashing him. We bashed Bledsoe.

Much more than Lopez? Not a chance. Less than Morris? Don't buy that either. I know there were a couple people who were not huge fans of Bledsoe but that sounds like a massive exaggeration. I did take a small break from the Suns board so maybe I just missed it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

That a gross exaggeration. I, for one, was in the opposite camp. Blamed all on dragic and a bigger fan of Bledsoe than was likely warranted. I never felt there was Bledsoe bashing as much as two camps.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of fans were tense until Bledsoe signed with the Suns as a RFA. All they had to read was tea leaves. There was nothing but silence coming from Bledsoe and his agent from the fans perspective. Also Minnesota was aggressive going after Bledsoe and seeking a sign and trade. Fans had a right to to worry until Bledsoe signed his contract with he Suns. It's natural to talk about it. However I think most fans embraced Bledsoe once he signed.

Errntknght

Reaction score
There was some bashing of Bled... I think it was Sir Stephan who invariably referred to him as 'an undersized SG who can't shoot.' He likely did it to counterbalance criticism of Goran and slin thinking Bled walked on water but dang it got old. Of course there were two camps... three camps, if you count the camp who did think of either of them was a good long term choice as PG.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of fans were tense until Bledsoe signed with the Suns as a RFA. All they had to read was tea leaves. There was nothing but silence coming from Bledsoe and his agent from the fans perspective. Also Minnesota was aggressive going after Bledsoe and seeking a sign and trade. Fans had a right to to worry until Bledsoe signed his contract with he Suns. It's natural to talk about it. However I think most fans embraced Bledsoe once he signed.

I think this is where most of the bashing came from that I recall. Once he signed though I agree, it seemed to die down.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn