Eastern Michigan @ Arizona State University GameDay Thread. 9/17/22

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU has a problem with the stats. It went down a quarter or so back. It figures.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I would hope for a Scott Frost type firing, but unfortunately that would require action by Herm's co-conspirators in theft from the taxpayers of Arizona, Anderson and Crow.

Raindog

Reaction score
Supposedly, Crow made some announcement of withdrawing support for Herm the Idiot after tonight's game. There was some on the field conference between Herm, Anderson, and Crow immediately after the game. There's a report on it on Az Central but it's behind the paywall so I couldn't read it.

Perhaps it's too much to hope he will be canned by Monday, but we can wish. Herm also allegedly said something at his presser about the loss not being the fault of coaching, but I didn't see it so can't verify. If he did say that, man, is he tone deaf and dumb.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's not like he has a recruiting class we'd be worried about losing if he gets fired. He literally has no leverage to keep his job, same for Anderson.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Herm era really feels like it’s been going on forever. Other than incredibly being 4-0 against the Wildcats, it’s a huge disappointment.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Herm era really feels like it’s been going on forever. Other than incredibly being 4-0 against the Wildcats, it’s a huge disappointment.
He should've been fired the minute all that stuff about the crazy bad recruiting violations came out. His tenure was dead in the water right then. It should not have mattered that we had a supposedly good team going into last season. I said this then and the fact he was allowed to return from last season's meltdown is gross mismanagement.

I predicted we would win maybe 2 games this year. This was number 2. I was there and it was so bad. The vibe was so ugly. EMU smashmouthed us. The lines were embarrassing. We left at halftime to catch the rest at home. We were far from alone. ASU football is ****** for years.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He should've been fired the minute all that stuff about the crazy bad recruiting violations came out. His tenure was dead in the water right then. It should not have mattered that we had a supposedly good team going into last season. I said this then and the fact he was allowed to return from last season's meltdown is gross mismanagement.

I predicted we would win maybe 2 games this year. This was number 2. I was there and it was so bad. The vibe was so ugly. EMU smashmouthed us. The lines were embarrassing. We left at halftime to catch the rest at home. We were far from alone. ASU football is ****** for years.
Yuck. I’m sorry. I remember a few of those games from childhood. Although never against an unranked non-conference opponent early in the season.

I read that Herm is owed a buyout of his remaining contract if fired without cause, but if he is fired for cause (NCAA violations) he is owed nothing and must pay ASU $75k.

But if the timetable for an NCAA decision is early 2023 he may be fired by then anyway.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I located the video of Herm Edwards meeting with Michael Crow and Ray Anderson after the game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A reported quote by Arizona State President Michael Crow after the game.

By Barkley Truax, On3:

“They showed up to play, and we didn’t Crow told the Arizona Republic, via The Athletic’s Nicole Auerbach after the loss. “That’s basically the outcome. … Like anything, when you’re in combat, you support your officers. And we’re in combat. But we’ll have to decide where we’re going from here and decide the issues are and see where we’re headed.”

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposedly, Crow made some announcement of withdrawing support for Herm the Idiot after tonight's game. There was some on the field conference between Herm, Anderson, and Crow immediately after the game. There's a report on it on Az Central but it's behind the paywall so I couldn't read it.

Perhaps it's too much to hope he will be canned by Monday, but we can wish. Herm also allegedly said something at his presser about the loss not being the fault of coaching, but I didn't see it so can't verify. If he did say that, man, is he tone deaf and dumb.

This link might contain the information you were seeking.

Raindog

Reaction score
Herm doesn't care... he hasn't really cared since he got hired by his pal. He's not trying to build a coaching career, like a younger up and coming coach would need to - he's just collecting some (big) paychecks on the way to retirement (as are most of his crony former NFL buddy assistants, by the way).

It's all one big grift at the expense of the university. Whatever happens regarding the NCAA investigation, Herm has pocketed a hefty sum for basically destroying the ASU football program... and letting many of his former assistants take the fall for much of that, too.

Even long after both have been fired, Herm and Ray are going to spend years laughing it up about how they heisted a fortune from ASU to feather their own beds.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How bad can it get?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Herm doesn't care... he hasn't really cared since he got hired by his pal. He's not trying to build a coaching career, like a younger up and coming coach would need to - he's just collecting some (big) paychecks on the way to retirement (as are most of his crony former NFL buddy assistants, by the way).

It's all one big grift at the expense of the university. Whatever happens regarding the NCAA investigation, Herm has pocketed a hefty sum for basically destroying the ASU football program... and letting many of his former assistants take the fall for much of that, too.

Even long after both have been fired, Herm and Ray are going to spend years laughing it up about how they heisted a fortune from ASU to feather their own beds.

At this point, the only people in position to make a change are the Athletic Director Ray Anderson and President Michael Crow. They are responsible for the state of the football program.

We already know what to expect from Herm Edwards, so I've tried to move past it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose