EA Sports NFL Head Coach

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have this game? How is it? My girlfriend wants to get me this game really bad, but I don't really know anything about it. I've been looking for it at my local video store with no luck. It sounds really interesting, though.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll get it eventually because I like the head coach aspect but it starts off really slow. When you get started on your coaching career it takes a long time before you do anything interesting. Expect about an hour untill you start playing any games.

OP
OP
Skratchy_Seal

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you pretty much have all the GM/coach duties like trades, drafts, salary cap, starters/backups, camps/practices, playbooks?

How's the actual experience during the football games? I'm assuming that is what the fun part is.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bump for sequel.

http://www.easports.com/nflheadcoach09/news.jsp?itemID=hc_information

For the record, I was excited for the first game, until I played it. Too many misses and not enough hits. I actually mailed the product back to EA so they could send me a new copy I could then return to the retailer (EA's advice, not mine, they didn't want to cut me a check, so they made Best Buy do it, hilarious).

Everyone knows how stagnant EA's approach to the NFL has been since it locked up the exclusive rights contract. It's big given countless suggestions on how to improve itself and taken only a token to heart. Head Coach was a disappointment, if EA can improve upon the idea in the sequel than I will be hopeful that brighter days are ahead.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Very interesting, I always wanted to get the first one but never did. I'll get this one just to get it....

What was wrong with the first one??

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very interesting, I always wanted to get the first one but never did. I'll get this one just to get it....

get on your copy of madden, play coach mode. Add a few features, bam, a game that should have just been included in madden.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It was just a bunch of features that should be included in Madden's franchise mode but are not. Then they are played on a difficult user interface and poor AI.

AzWins23

Reaction score
Madden had really laid an egg so far. 2ksports was the future of gaming till EA stoled the NFL license. I wish there was another football game i could play besides Madden that has the NFL rosters

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Madden had really laid an egg so far. 2ksports was the future of gaming till EA stoled the NFL license. I wish there was another football game i could play besides Madden that has the NFL rosters

I liked parts of both series equal and others I didn't care for. Both games were at their heart when they were "borrowing" a lot of each other's better ideas.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn