Dream Team: Birth of the Modern Athlete

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Is anybody else watching this?

It's a five-episode series based on Jack McCallum's Dream Team book and the interviews he recorded in the making of that book.

I must say, it's a fascinating watch and shows you how much today's modern athletes have these guys to thank for their largesse.

I'm only on episode three so far, and it's titled "The Greatest Game Nobody Ever Saw" about the infamous Team Michael and Team Magic scrimmage they had that no one was allowed to see...except now, there's actual footage of it from coach Chuck Daly's videographer from Detroit.

I think it's only showing on Paramount Plus, but it's certainly worth a trial even for a non-basketball fan who's aware of that '92 Dream Team.

OP
OP
carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
To add: HOLY CRAP.

I'm watching this third episode and not even halfway through it and damn, this is a good episode. The scrimmage is as intense as you can imagine it to be.

To paraphrase Michael Jordan (his voice is overlaid over the footage, as well as other people being interviewed about it): "These are 10 first ballot Hall of Famers playing against each other."