Draft Prospect Visits

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Not sure when teams can host prospects for visits but so far this is what is known for the Cardinals (from the post season all star games & combine)...

Arizona Cardinals
  • Mason Cole, C, Michigan (SR)
  • Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin (COM)
  • Trayvon Henderson, S, Hawaii (SR)
  • Will Hernandez, G, UTEP (SR)
  • Jordan Martin, S, Syracuse (EW)
  • Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State (COM)
  • Matthew Thomas, ILB, Florida State (EW)
http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#ixzz58synNJPl

I am guessing the Cardinals are a lot less public than other teams, or maybe the Cardinals local reporters are a lot less diligent when it comes to getting that info. Just look at the Giants and Eagles list to give an idea, I have no doubt the Cardinals have talked to just as many it just isn't public knowledge.

The rules: In the weeks leading up to the draft, each team is permitted to invite 30 draft-eligible prospects to their team facilities for a “visit” (not a workout). During these visits teams conduct interviews and often will conduct medical examinations as well. Additionally, teams are permitted to host “workouts” for any players who attended college or live in the greater metro area of the team’s facilities.

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like Cole & Thomas, would be happy with them in the mid to late rounds. A lot of the radio heads are hyping up Rudolph at #15 if the Big 4 QBs are off the board.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Not sure when teams can host prospects for visits but so far this is what is known for the Cardinals (from the post season all star games & combine)...

Arizona Cardinals
  • Mason Cole, C, Michigan (SR)
  • Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin (COM)
  • Trayvon Henderson, S, Hawaii (SR)
  • Will Hernandez, G, UTEP (SR)
  • Jordan Martin, S, Syracuse (EW)
  • Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State (COM)
  • Matthew Thomas, ILB, Florida State (EW)
http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#ixzz58synNJPl

I am guessing the Cardinals are a lot less public than other teams, or maybe the Cardinals local reporters are a lot less diligent when it comes to getting that info. Just look at the Giants and Eagles list to give an idea, I have no doubt the Cardinals have talked to just as many it just isn't public knowledge.

The rules: In the weeks leading up to the draft, each team is permitted to invite 30 draft-eligible prospects to their team facilities for a “visit” (not a workout). During these visits teams conduct interviews and often will conduct medical examinations as well. Additionally, teams are permitted to host “workouts” for any players who attended college or live in the greater metro area of the team’s facilities.

so this shows us exactly who they do not plan to draft. Cant remember the last "visit" that we actually drafted.

Hernandez would be a good catch at 15 though if we dont go QB

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Like both Mason Rudolph and Will Hernandez. If we stay put at 15 and don't sign or trade for one of the top quarterbacks Rudolph would still be a good pick. Hernandez to me would be a great second round pick. Taking him at 15 is too high for me. These two would be a good 1-2 combo. I am hoping for Baker Mayfield then Hernandez in the second with us trading up into the 7-10 range to get Mayfield.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Like both Mason Rudolph and Will Hernandez. If we stay put at 15 and don't sign or trade for one of the top quarterbacks Rudolph would still be a good pick. Hernandez to me would be a great second round pick. Taking him at 15 is too high for me. These two would be a good 1-2 combo. I am hoping for Baker Mayfield then Hernandez in the second with us trading up into the 7-10 range to get Mayfield.

IMHO I think if you trade up to 7-10 range you won't have a second round pick. I guess it is possible to give 2-1s and a third, would that be enough? I don't know, but if history tells me it's not.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
IMHO I think if you trade up to 7-10 range you won't have a second round pick. I guess it is possible to give 2-1s and a third, would that be enough? I don't know, but if history tells me it's not.
next years first would get us in that range pretty easy

Reaction score
so this shows us exactly who they do not plan to draft. Cant remember the last "visit" that we actually drafted.

Hernandez would be a good catch at 15 though if we dont go QB
I may be suffering from faulty memory but, didn't they bring in Reddick last year?

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I was thinking of a 1st and 3rd this year and a 2nd next year. That's only for Mayfield though. I think Rudolph as well as Lamar Jackson will both be there at 15. I would not take Jackson as a QB but as an all-purpose player, WR, RB and wildcat.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was thinking of a 1st and 3rd this year and a 2nd next year. That's only for Mayfield though. I think Rudolph as well as Lamar Jackson will both be there at 15. I would not take Jackson as a QB but as an all-purpose player, WR, RB and wildcat.

Don't you take those position-less players in late rounds not first?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Like they're bringing in Hernandez. I'd like to see ASU's Ballage as well.

Same here, he is one of those guys that I feel I would complain about if they drafted him in the second round, and then would end up eating my own words.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Don't you take those position-less players in late rounds not first?
Normally yes but Lamar Jackson has Michael Vick running ability. I would much rather take him in the second round I just don't think he will be there. I think some team takes a chance on him between 15-30 in the first. If he was an accurate passer like Mayfield he would go top three.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Like they're bringing in Hernandez. I'd like to see ASU's Ballage as well.

Local prospects don't count against the 30 - so if they do bring in Ballage is probably won't get much, if any, pub. I wouldn't mind Ballage in the later rounds, and I'm a UA guy.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Same here, he is one of those guys that I feel I would complain about if they drafted him in the second round, and then would end up eating my own words.
I really like Hernandez. I think he is the second best guard in the draft. I think he is climbing up draft boards though. I was thinking late second rounder but now I'm thinking early second rounder. I'm happy he is on the Cards list of players they are bringing in for a visit.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score

I would take Jackson as a QB and only a QB over Rudolph at 15 every day and twice on Sunday.

The Jackson needs to switch positions hyperbole is ridiculous IMO.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

That would be a sweet deal for the Cards, but compared to last years Chicago to move up one spot gave up their 1,3,4, and next (this)years 3. That is for 1 spot, I know it's a top pick but it's still only 1 spot.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A certain A&M receiver visited the Cardinals today. Wore a suit and a nice Cardinal red tie.

So we have interest. Don't know if we can make it fit given our needs for QB/etc, but its a possibility or at least part of some potential fall back plan. Maybe if we sign a QB or something and/or we trade up, or drops to our 2nd round pick.

I hope he blew their socks off and makes it impossible not to do what it takes to secure him.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A certain A&M receiver visited the Cardinals today. Wore a suit and a nice Cardinal red tie.

So we have interest. Don't know if we can make it fit given our needs for QB/etc, but its a possibility or at least part of some potential fall back plan. Maybe if we sign a QB or something and/or we trade up, or drops to our 2nd round pick.

I hope he blew their socks off and makes it impossible not to do what it takes to secure him.

I like kirk but not at 15 spot

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Local prospects don't count against the 30 - so if they do bring in Ballage is probably won't get much, if any, pub. I wouldn't mind Ballage in the later rounds, and I'm a UA guy.
He goes no later then our 4th Rd. pick. There may be some good options at RB there. Most of the best will go by the time the 3rd Rd. finishes though. Ballage showed really well at the combine too.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

i really like Christian Kirk as a prospect

I think you get (healthy) John Browns game, but with a far more NFL ready body, and better open field running.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The thing that worries me most about Jackson is his frame, and the chance for injuries, since he runs so much. If we don't draft a QB in the 1st, I'm guessing Rudolph in the 2nd. (CB in the 1st, and a WR and an OL in the 3rd).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson