Draft Party News

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
I went to the D-Backs/Cubs exhibition at BOB yesterday and I made my way to Jackson's on 3rd afterward. I am not completely sure, but I thought that I heard an announcement that they were hosting the official Arizona Cardinals Draft Party. Gameworks sucked last year. I hope that this is true. It think that it would be a great place to have it.

ds512az

All Star
Reaction score
I think a bunch of us should just get some tents, a couple generators, bigscreens and of course libations, and head over to the new stadium site and tailgate the draft there. (With permissiion of course:thumbup: )

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Originally posted by az643dp
I went to the D-Backs/Cubs exhibition at BOB yesterday and I made my way to Jackson's on 3rd afterward. I am not completely sure, but I thought that I heard an announcement that they were hosting the official Arizona Cardinals Draft Party. Gameworks sucked last year. I hope that this is true. It think that it would be a great place to have it.

I missed it, why did last years party suck?

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Re: Re: Draft Party News

Originally posted by CaliforniaCard
I missed it, why did last years party suck?

Couple of reasons I thought it sucked:

#1 - Too much noise. Only thing you could hear half the time was the video games in the backround.

#2 - Too spread out. They had things set up in several different spots and it wasnt laid out well at all.

#3 - Too many people there for the games not for the draft. Lots of kids running around screaming.

#4 - Crappy service, menu, ordering, ability to get a drink/food in a timely manner, space for people to actually sit and enjoy company of the other fans.

Those were my biggest complaints.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Draft Party News

Originally posted by JasonKGME
Couple of reasons I thought it sucked:

#1 - Too much noise. Only thing you could hear half the time was the video games in the backround.

#2 - Too spread out. They had things set up in several different spots and it wasnt laid out well at all.

#3 - Too many people there for the games not for the draft. Lots of kids running around screaming.

#4 - Crappy service, menu, ordering, ability to get a drink/food in a timely manner, space for people to actually sit and enjoy company of the other fans.

Those were my biggest complaints.

I'm glad I didn't go! :D

I will do my usual and watch the draft from the comfort of my home or my brother's home. At least I can hear the commentary...:D

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I think we had would be best served if we scheduled a draft party of our own. The only benefit of attending something offically sponsored by the Cardinals is the opportunity to meet some players...my landscaping project should be finished by then, and I should have a couple of kegs leftover from my oldest's wedding in couple of weeks.

PARTY AT SHOCKLEY'S HOUSE!!! WOOWHOO!!!

That is of course if my wife lets me...maybe I should ask first...

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
That is of course if my wife lets me...maybe I should ask first...

It shouldn't be a problem. Just tell her that you are inviting a whole bunch of guys that you've never met before, over to your house to drink some beer. She should understand!!!:D

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
For the best draft experience....stay home.

The last two drafts (maybe 3, I forget) I have spent logged into the chat room on this site, and have already cleared my schedule so can participate again this year. As memory serves me, we had a decent crowd last year, and I'm sure we will again this year.

I guess if I was still in Arizona, I would attend the official gathering, but for any out-of-towners....there is no better place to be.

Go Cards!!!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with you, Capital.

I watch the draft every year with my brother and sister. It's an annual thing now and no one else is ever invited. They know more about college ball than I do, so it's helpful. Lots of beer, pizza and snacks. We're usually drunk by the third round. :)

I'm sure I'll be logging on here, too, to chat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn