Draft Kyler Murray #1, trade Josh Rosen?

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Speculated on Wingo & Golic this morning, said Jacksonville might be interested in trading #1 for Rosen.

Would ya? I'm not sure Rosen is a leader.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
nope.

make one of these threads just as soon as a guy who is better than Rosen declares for the draft....and Murray aint that guy

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
there is speculation that Kyler Murray may measure 5-8 and some change at the combine

I think the NFL could buy off on 5-10 ( his current listed height) and Russel Wilson's height, but 5-8 1/2 could make the risk averse NFL pause

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Guys, it's simple: you do not risk your 1st round pick (no matter where it falls), especially #1 overall, on a guy who's 1 legit NFL hit/concussion/sprain away from pulling the ripcords and going to MLB.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Rosen is not bringing a first round pick in return. They’d be selling very low if they dealt him now.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
QUOTE="KYCardFan, post: 3873367, member: 14923"]Speculated on Wingo & Golic this morning, said Jacksonville might be interested in trading #1 for Rosen.

Would ya? I'm not sure Rosen is a leader.[/QUOTE]

Only a total fool gives up on a #1 QB after one season.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
FWIW:

Shefter speculated (emphasis on that word) that Rosen if traded post draft, would fetch a #1 pick

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Rosen hasn't looked that bad given the circumstances. He didn't run away afraid like Kolb before the ball was even snapped. Rosen stood tall in there and paid the price, took many hard hits. Of course he missed lots of throws because not only was he a rookie, but a rookie forced off his spot with a bad supporting cast in McCoy's dusty vanilla scheme that was called by a rookie playcaller. Investing into the OL and a scheme that is designed to get the ball out quickly will help Rosen make a significant jump. For me he gets a clean slate and given his age and our horrible coaching staff, I treat him as a rookie again in 2019.

OP
OP
K

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I assume Rosen's status is not worthy of a #1 pick based on how he played this year, but who knows, big arm, but a lot of red flags, reminds me of Jay Cutler.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Guys, it's simple: you do not risk your 1st round pick (no matter where it falls), especially #1 overall, on a guy who's 1 legit NFL hit/concussion/sprain away from pulling the ripcords and going to MLB.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
This

In fact, if i were Murray, I’d be in Spring Training instead of the draft

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doubtful, but not 100% dead.

If KK felt Murray was light years ahead of Rosen in talent, potential and skill-set, he might feel drafting Murray and trading Rosen was worth the risk. But the odds of that happening are probably 10% or less.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The whole reason the Cardinals went out and brought in KK was to pair him with Rosen.

There isn't a snowballs chance in hell they are trading Rosen away.

They want a dynamic offense - I think either qb potentially works fine to accomplish that.

I think Rosen is still worth a 1st rounder, and if the cards think Murray is better I have no problem with it. A lot depends on how much they can get for trading down in my opinion.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Speculated on Wingo & Golic this morning, said Jacksonville might be interested in trading #1 for Rosen.

Would ya? I'm not sure Rosen is a leader.

I wouldn't doubt those two idiots think Jax has the #1 pick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson