Draft Day Perspective: Who Dis?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I hope everyone is in good health, and doing as best as they can under the conditions.

I made it through an entire NFL draft season without a single mock draft! Wow. Its been years, but new job and such.....I digress.

Thank you all for your debates and conversation as I am getting my draft information from here....for better or worse LOL!

As for the post, here is the list for top 15 players from the first day of NFL draft analysis, sometime after Thanksgiving but before the New Year. Note the "Overall 1st round projections" are where various draft sites had these players going in the first round, i.e. the 1st pick, 2nd pick, etc., etc. If there is only a few numbers noted after a player that means there were other sites that didn't list them in the Top 20.

1. Chase Young, DE (Overall 1st round projections: 3,1,2,7,1,2)

2. Joe Barrow, QB (Overall 1st round projections: 1,2,1,1)

3. Jeff Okudah, CB (Overall 1st round projections: 7,7,3,6,6)

4. Andrew Thomas, OL (Overall 1st round projections: 6,5,5,5,3)

5. Tua Tagovailoa, QB (Overall 1st round projections: 3,1,8,4, [2nd round])

6. Jerry Jeudy, WR (Overall 1st round projections: 4,4,2,2,5)

7. CeeDee Lamb, WR (Overall 1st round projections: 9,4,2,2,5)

8. Isaiah Simmons, ILB (Overall 1st round projections: 10,5,10, 8)

9. Grant Delpit, S (Overall 1st round projections: 8,4)

10. A.J. Epenesa, DE (Overall 1st round projections: 9,4,10)

11. Derrick Brown, DT (Overall 1st round projections: 12,8,6,3,7)

12. Justin Herbert, QB (Overall 1st round projections: 5,3,9)

13. Yetur Gross-Motos, DE (Overall 1st round projections: 8)

14 Austin Jackon, OL (Overall 1st round projections: 10)

15. Tristan Wirfs, OL (Overall 1st round projections: 6,9)

How much has changed since this?

I always am VERY VERY wary of a player not noted at the beginning of the draft season rising up to the 1st round. I DO NOT LIKE Kinlaw for that reason, and am happy to hear that won't be the pick.....at least that is the good rumor.

I am hoping for Simmons, Okudah or Brown if they stay at #8. I would have no problem with an offensive linemen either.

I have minimal expectations with the draft this year, plus I do not know much about it, so there is little hand wringing today, actually, NONE to be honest.

Looking forward to hearing the draft coverage, it will be a nice break from the current Ground Hog Day scenario.

Be well my friends.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope everyone is in good health, and doing as best as they can under the conditions.

I made it through an entire NFL draft season without a single mock draft! Wow. Its been years, but new job and such.....I digress.

Thank you all for your debates and conversation as I am getting my draft information from here....for better or worse LOL!

As for the post, here is the list for top 15 players from the first day of NFL draft analysis, sometime after Thanksgiving but before the New Year. Note the "Overall 1st round projections" are where various draft sites had these players going in the first round, i.e. the 1st pick, 2nd pick, etc., etc. If there is only a few numbers noted after a player that means there were other sites that didn't list them in the Top 20.

1. Chase Young, DE (Overall 1st round projections: 3,1,2,7,1,2)

2. Joe Barrow, QB (Overall 1st round projections: 1,2,1,1)

3. Jeff Okudah, CB (Overall 1st round projections: 7,7,3,6,6)

4. Andrew Thomas, OL (Overall 1st round projections: 6,5,5,5,3)

5. Tua Tagovailoa, QB (Overall 1st round projections: 3,1,8,4, [2nd round])

6. Jerry Jeudy, WR (Overall 1st round projections: 4,4,2,2,5)

7. CeeDee Lamb, WR (Overall 1st round projections: 9,4,2,2,5)

8. Isaiah Simmons, ILB (Overall 1st round projections: 10,5,10, 8)

9. Grant Delpit, S (Overall 1st round projections: 8,4)

10. A.J. Epenesa, DE (Overall 1st round projections: 9,4,10)

11. Derrick Brown, DT (Overall 1st round projections: 12,8,6,3,7)

12. Justin Herbert, QB (Overall 1st round projections: 5,3,9)

13. Yetur Gross-Motos, DE (Overall 1st round projections: 8)

14 Austin Jackon, OL (Overall 1st round projections: 10)

15. Tristan Wirfs, OL (Overall 1st round projections: 6,9)

How much has changed since this?

I always am VERY VERY wary of a player not noted at the beginning of the draft season rising up to the 1st round. I DO NOT LIKE Kinlaw for that reason, and am happy to hear that won't be the pick.....at least that is the good rumor.

I am hoping for Simmons, Okudah or Brown if they stay at #8. I would have no problem with an offensive linemen either.

I have minimal expectations with the draft this year, plus I do not know much about it, so there is little hand wringing today, actually, NONE to be honest.

Looking forward to hearing the draft coverage, it will be a nice break from the current Ground Hog Day scenario.

Be well my friends.
Why?

That happens all the time.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Why?

That happens all the time.
Past experience.

It happens all the time....yes it does.

How much does it work out in the end? From my perspective, it lessens the odds the player is as good as his draft spot. I.E. its a reach pick.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy