Does anyone know the contract of Kliff and Keim and the guaranteed money?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was wondering too. We will likely never know and the coach and GM contracts are not published or sent to NFL for approval from my understanding

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
So if they are fired, do they get the full contract amount anyway?
Or does it depend on contract language?….guaranteed money?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do we have any idea what the dollar amount was at all? All I ever saw reported was 5 years, but no $$$ numbers.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So if they are fired, do they get the full contract amount anyway?
Or does it depend on contract language?….guaranteed money?
Based on recent history with Wilks and BA, when they were respectively fired/retired, they still got paid for the years they weren’t on the team, so Kliff will most likely ge the full contract amount and still live in his plush mansion. I think this is standard thoughout the NFL, Gruden is still on the books.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
It’s very hard for me to believe Mike B would extend them for 5 years without a way out early, after that bad collapse last year.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Kliff’s first contract had a team option for the last year so you gotta think he’s got one or two at the end of this one.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliff’s first contract had a team option for the last year so you gotta think he’s got one or two at the end of this one.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

How would some random guy with 1000 followers know?

Kliff is getting $5.5m this year. His future deal will likely be $6.5m and that's fully guaranteed. Every coach is. That was agreed by owners many years ago.

Keim's salary is about $2m per year.

So between them Bidwill would be on the hook for $42m over the next 5 years if neither of them works again and there is no offsetting.

This is peanuts in NFL terms. $8.5m a year. It's pocket change on an NFL budget sheet.

It's not the money that will stop Bidwill firing them both. It's ego. Who want's to be the owner that signs guys to 5 year extensions then fires them before they kick in? As that ever happened before?

Mike isn't going to want to be the guy that all the other owners snigger about at meetings. So he's going to chalk this season off to injuries, make some token changes in FO personnel and maybe fire a position coach or two, cross his fingers and hope for the best.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson