Dobbs to the Vikings

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Trade rumors says Dobbs is still throwing high, “While cutting across the middle of the field on a deep slant, Jefferson leapt up, arms extended, in an attempt to grab a high pass from quarterback Joshua Dobbs. While Jefferson was fully exposed in the process of the catch, Raiders safety Marcus Epps delivered a big shot to Jefferson’s rib cage from the side.” Jefferson may miss more time. Dobbs just can’t master ball placement with his throwing motion.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Anyone still want to make the argument that Dobbs is a starting QB in this league?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I assumed most people saw Dobbs as a solid backup QB rather than a long-term starter?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the Josh Dobbs 2023 Roller Coaster has been something:

week 1: he is terrible
week 3: Cut Murray -- This guy is QBOF!!!
week 8: UGH, Ive seen enough. the Cards gave up a 5th for this guy?
week 8.5: At least they got something back for him
week 9: this guy is pretty good - I cant believe we gave him up for a 6th
week 10 (MIN FAN): AMAZING!! Toast of the NFL.
Week 14 (MIN FAN): UGH. Ive seen enough. I cant believe we gave up a 6th
week 14: HA! we got a 6th for him!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

This thread has one guy Just Asking Questions and like everyone else saying that the whole idea is deranged.

Uh, the people here who thought he was a starting QB! Some even suggested that he start over Kyler! Perhaps you missed that part of the season?
Who are these people?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Actually, he's exactly backup/spot start material. If defenses never have enough consistent game film on him, that's how he succeeds in the NFL. He can adapt to new gameplans on the fly, as he's shown.
Totally agree.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This thread has one guy Just Asking Questions and like everyone else saying that the whole idea is deranged.

Who are these people?
There are plenty of Dobbs threads...take a gander in this one if you're so inclined!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There are plenty of Dobbs threads...take a gander in this one if you're so inclined!

I mean, I'm looking through these and none are saying what you cited in your initial post. The closest most people inch to the line is he could be a transitional starter for a young draft pick (like Jon Kitna was for Carson Palmer).

Calling out no one on the board is such a weird way to start your Monday.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I mean, I'm looking through these and none are saying what you cited in your initial post. The closest most people inch to the line is he could be a transitional starter for a young draft pick (like Jon Kitna was for Carson Palmer).
LOL, I asked if anyone still wanted to make the argument about whether or not Josh Dobbs was a starting QB in the league. Let's check the thread I shared:

"At this pace, Dobbs might get a shot as a starter."

"Dobbs is Trent Dilfer 2.0. He is a serviceable qb that needs a very good defense.
If Purdy was on this team he would not be “ great”. He would struggle."

"I was thinking earlier today that Dobbs is somewhere between Dilfer and Matt Hasselbeck."

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/qb-1-josh-dobbs.532638/post-5209461

"At this point I like Dobbs much better than Kyler. I just do."

"It's WAY early, but if Dobbs keeps playing this way he'll earn a Bridgewater/Brissett-like hybrid contract that pays him as a top backup with incentives for games started. It's hard to imagine a better fit for him than Arizona, either backing up the injury-prone Murray, or starting while a rookie QB learns the ropes from him.

Or perhaps you're right and some team will give him a huge bonus to be a starter, as the Panthers did for Bridgewater or the Colts for Brissett, and he'll be gone."

Yep - clearly nobody intimating he's a starter! Good detective work.

Calling out no one on the board is such a weird way to start your Monday.
Making up stuff that's easily disprovable is pretty strange too - looks like it's going to be a weird Monday!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yep - clearly nobody intimating he's a starter! Good detective work.

Making up stuff that's easily disprovable is pretty strange too - looks like it's going to be a weird Monday!

Dude. If you think that the posts you're citing above prove a point that there was a groundswell of people saying that Joshua Dobbs is a starter in the NFL, I don't know what to tell you. Even you have to backtrack to "intimating."

I'm trying not to engage in callout culture on this board about real things. Calling out fake opinions is super-toxic for the culture of the board.

But do you.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude. If you think that the posts you're citing above prove a point that there was a groundswell of people saying that Joshua Dobbs is a starter in the NFL, I don't know what to tell you. Even you have to backtrack to "intimating."

I'm trying not to engage in callout culture on this board about real things. Calling out fake opinions is super-toxic for the culture of the board.

But do you.
Hey, man. He got you. Just admit it.

4 or 5 people on this board said "at this pace he COULD be a starter" or "the guy is serviceable."

BINGO. He owned you.

:biglaugh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd