Dobbs to the Vikings

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
What I think Dobbs is really showing in Minny is how little talent the Cards have on the offensive side. I'm tempering my expectations on what Kyler might be able to do a bit now.
Mediocre QBs can look great when surrounded by superior talent...Great QBs can make mediocre talent surrounding them look superior. Let's see what Murray can do today.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I think Dobbs is really showing in Minny is how little talent the Cards have on the offensive side. I'm tempering my expectations on what Kyler might be able to do a bit now.
It’s not so much a reflection of how bad our offense is, as it is a reflection of how talented MN is on BOTH sides of the ball. That MN D under Flores is creating opportunities that the Cardinal D wasn’t.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I guess the Dobbs watch is over. It had occasioned several posters to regret his departure. At least this time he really helped the Cards with the loss to the Bears. Headlines today include several stories about the likely benching of Dobbs. A good guy, but a limited skillset.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Everyone who anointed Dobbs as the Vikings savior... you were told... as soon as defenses planned for him Minnesota was doomed lmao

DOOMED

You must be registered for see images attach

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Josh Dobbs won 1 damn game as an Arizona Cardinal - out of 8!!!

That's a winning percentage of 12.5%

Anybody care to see where that ranks in Arizona Cardinals history? 8 game minimum?

This Dobbs love is as ridiculous as the Fro love - no matter how bad these guys are people just see what they want to see

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Josh Dobbs won 1 damn game as an Arizona Cardinal - out of 8!!!

That's a winning percentage of 12.5%

Anybody care to see where that ranks in Arizona Cardinals history? 8 game minimum?

This Dobbs love is as ridiculous as the Fro love - no matter how bad these guys are people just see what they want to see
its all graded on a curve -- thats all

he was put in a very difficult situation -- played hard and had a great attitude -- and delivered a home win vs a good team

that doesnt mean i was ready to make him the QBOF

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
its all graded on a curve -- thats all

he was put in a very difficult situation -- played hard and had a great attitude -- and delivered a home win vs a good team

that doesnt mean i was ready to make him the QBOF
Every Cardinal QB in the history of Arizona has been put in very difficult situations

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Every Cardinal QB in the history of Arizona has been put in very difficult situations
but nearly all have gotten to practice with their teams for a few months prior to starting

for a few weeks, he was the feel good story during a zero expectations season

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but nearly all have gotten to practice with their teams for a few months prior to starting

for a few weeks, he was the feel good story during a zero expectations season
This is why I cannot figure out the reasoning behind Dobbs.

At the END of camp, we cut McCoy and trade for Dobbs. "Well, he's worked with Petzing, knows the offense." Obviously, not considered to be the long term starter, but potentially a good #2. Plays eight games, now with considerable reps in offense and personnel, and they trade him for less than they gave for him.

I guess they maybe decided "he's no good, don't want him as #2. Let's get something." But if that is the case, did we really have to trade and start him that many games to know that?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Wow. Losing another 4th round pick for a guy you dumped in a trade for less than you gave up in the first place is very bad.

Like I said in a post earlier today, I never understood the thinking behind how we handled Dobbs. Now, it makes even less sense.
I’m really hoping this isn’t the case. A competent GM doesn’t just make mistake after mistake leading to losing 2nd (was it an 2nd or a 3rd?) and 4th round draft picks in consecutive seasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd