DJ Humphries Re-Signed

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Come on man. You're rewriting history. I could show you a tonne of threads and posts on here over the previous 5 years slating Hump's performances.

Those using his PFF grade this year as an indictment of his new contract are correct, he's played well. I was wrong, I'm glad. I didn't think he would get better, he did. More important after about game 4 he's been consistently good.

But before this year he wasn't good. I can show you tackle ranking by respected O line analysts that ranked him in the bottom tier. His PFF grades were average. There wasn't a rival fan in the league thinking "I wish DJ Humphries was our LT, he's better than X we have now".

So I stand by what I said at the time. I think it was a fair comment not to resign him based on his previous play and his extensive injury history. But it worked out so far, I'm pleased I was wrong.

I can't be there only guy here ever to have a strong opinion on whether we should re sign someone or not so I'm not sure why it's a big deal to some people to say "I told you so".

No rewriting of history.

Humphries showed glimpses, but had constant injuries.

Where you wrong at the time is that you were 1) thinking that it's smart to resign guys based on past performance...that's how you get stuck with David Johnson. 2) believing journeymen who are OLDER could come in and replace him.

Even last year Humphries was solid by nearly every metric EXCEPT PFF. Sacks allowed? Solid. Runs to his side of the field? Very good compared to the other zones.

Not a rival fan in the league would want him? Have you seen how many teams were worse off at LT?

The reason you get some crap about this is because you incessantly talked about how big of a mistake it was.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This is perfect. For an extra 10mm above the tag cost, we gain two more years of control. He gets another bite at the apple post CBA and before he turns 30.

Love it. A true win / win for both sides.

BritCard will be waking up from his peaceful slumber around 3 or 4 am EST. Should make for some good posts tomorrow when I go to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Still a bargain and it just got started......

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
We run more early. Even with small success, and the oline shows better- they know we start out passing ourselves to death, then hit our stride.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose