DID U KNOW - State Something Regarding Cardinals Most DONT Know

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Research to assure correctness of your statement or analysis.
Taken from Pro Football Reference

No Surprise: Cardinals D was the worst in 2022 except for the Bears

Surprise: We were 24 in Pass D, but were 14 in Run D. I was under the impression that our run D was much worse.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Per a variety of different metrics, among current NFL franchises that have been in existence since the mid-20th century, our AZ Cardinals could justifiably be considered the worst of the worst.

So why are they not presented as other long time lovable losers, like the Cubbies or Mets, with affection and a degree of admiration?

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Great question Floyd. My guess as to why we’re not considered lovable losers is two-fold: 1) We’ve moved/changed names quite a bit (Chicago - St. Louis - Phoenix/Arizona) and 2) We don’t play in a traditional sports market hotbed. I’m not at all insinuating that the Phoenix market doesn’t contain loads of dedicated, rabid sports fans. It does. However Phoenix fans don’t have the same kind of, well, let’s say schadenfreude as East Coast and Midwest fans.

My submission is one that, while it may not be well known, it won’t come as a surprise: through the just concluded 2022 season the Cards have posted the most losses in NFL history - 790.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here’s another crazy, mostly unknown Cards statistic: KK posted a winning road record as our HC (18-15).

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
In the 2022 playoffs the Jaguars made an amazing comeback to beat the chargers...and somehow the cardinals managed to lose a game they werent even in.... as the next day the chargers coach was fired, and Sean Payton got his wish to coach in Los Angeles.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals stadium can expand for an event like the Super Bowl. That means it can seat over 77,000 fans.

That is more than the population of the city Flagstaff, where we used to have training camp.

When the stadium is sold out, it would be the 15th most populous area in Arizona out of 450 towns

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
For those outside the forum that the Cardinals are the oldest franchise and when the NFL says established in 1920, they are talking about in conjunction with their league and not when the Cardinals were formed in 1898 way before the NFL... why the franchise had a 100 year anniversary patch during the 1998 season when they made the playoffs

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Cardinals´ best and only championship team was in 1947, two years before I was born. They had a famous backfield back then which carried a well known nickname.

Do you know what the Cardinals ´ 1947 championship backfield was called?

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cardinals´ best and only championship team was in 1947, two years before I was born. They had a famous backfield back then which carried a well known nickname.

The Dream Backfield. Trippy, Christman, Goldberg, etc.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Bump and Thump?

Hahaha....That's actually Barkley and Mahorn.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Charles Bidwill used to eschew travelling with his cardinals to away games so he could remain in Chicago to watch halas’ bears. And we wonder why our team has historically been a sad sack . . .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose